BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > THE SVO COMMUNITY > Oil sources

Old 09-09-2012, 12:27 AM
Newbie Vegistroker

Default Seattle/WA WVOers?

Hey,

Getting into this in the Seattle area -- no one on the map from the PNW yet. Hit me up if you're in the area!

AV
Old 09-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Military Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 65339
$ Estimated Saved: 9999
MacGyver Rating: 7.0

I an in lake stevens, 30 minutes north of seattle.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 36,000

I'm bout 3.5 hours south in Banks, OR. But I did a 10 year stint at UW so I mostly consider Seattle home. Welcome to BFT's forum!

~Mitch
Old 10-03-2014, 02:31 AM
Military Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 50,000
MacGyver Rating: 3
Default bremerton, wa

im down in bremerton by the shipyard. got a good oil source going, but still trying to find a free source around here before our big trip to cali.

2005 dodge 5.9L cummins
Old 10-03-2014, 03:28 AM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 330,000
$ Estimated Saved: at least a little
MacGyver Rating: 1.5

I have a friend not on the forum in Kent/Renton. They have a 7.3 Excursion with a custom veggie system (I helped design) and an '06 cummins getting ready for conversion. They've been making biodiesel since 2008, but King County recently told them they had to stop...

RIP X & Toyhauler - you served us well.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 5500
$ Estimated Saved: negative a lot so far
MacGyver Rating: 1.35

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyskijason View Post
I have a friend not on the forum in Kent/Renton. They have a 7.3 Excursion with a custom veggie system (I helped design) and an '06 cummins getting ready for conversion. They've been making biodiesel since 2008, but King County recently told them they had to stop...
Whhaaat? Why?!

Old 10-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 330,000
$ Estimated Saved: at least a little
MacGyver Rating: 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krause View Post
Whhaaat? Why?!
Mean, grouchy neighbor complained about an old car (runs and drives '50 Packard), the location of the garden in the backyard as well as the presence of a tote and occasional cubies (and the weather, the mailman's habits, kids playing in the park, etc) . The City/County did an inspection and my friend likely divulged more info than he needed to... Specifically, I think he opened his shed and showed them the BioPro 190 and his chemistry stuff - certainly including his full PPE gear with full-face respirator, elbow-length rubber gloves, rubber apron, etc. I bet he pointed out that he has ample fire extinguishers and spill containment stuff as well....

A series of letters/demands followed quoting the City and County ordinances that state 'manufacture of fuel' is prohibited. Basically, the officials are being forced to appease the constipated old prick next door. They cannot find anything that says he can't have WVO at his property, so dewatering/filtering and fueling the vehicles with WVO will apparently be OK.

The old bastard next door will die eventually and he'll be able to make B100 again. Meanwhile, this is the guy I convinced to put a pipeline in from his backyard (where the 'fuel shed' is) to the front of the house. It terminates in a mailbox behind a huge cedar tree out of view from the street. There are 2 lines - one for dirty oil to the backyard and one for clean fuel. It's pretty stealthy!! He was carrying cubies and buckets back and forth when he started and LAUGHED his ass off when I suggested the pipeline after helping to haul 350gals back there one time! He came around after about 2 months.

My advice is keep a low profile if ya live in a place like this.

RIP X & Toyhauler - you served us well.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:39 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 36,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourulz88 View Post
im down in bremerton by the shipyard. got a good oil source going, but still trying to find a free source around here before our big trip to cali.

2005 dodge 5.9L cummins
When's your trip to Cali? I can probably hook you up with some on your way down. I'm about 40 minutes west of I-5 if you're coming straight down. Or if you're going to hit the coast you could head out that way from my place.

~Mitch
Old 10-08-2014, 09:52 PM
Vegistroker

I'm in southern Oregon close to the 1-5 and I could fill ya up and send ya down the road with whatever you need extra.