BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > CHEW THE FAT > General Discussion

Old 06-04-2017, 09:33 PM
Military Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 51325
$ Estimated Saved: 6321
MacGyver Rating: 6.0
Default Moving to Idaho Falls, Idaho

Currently out on Deployment again. Truck is stored on Base in a field for the next 5 months. In November I will be transferring from Bremerton, WA to Idaho Falls, ID for the next 5 years or more. All the oil Filtering is packed up in storage.

Wife has the joy of buying a house without me to be ready when I transfer. Hope to get back into filtering oil out there. Sucks trying to get sources built back up but I haven't filtered in over a year since I have been living on the ship.

Is there anyone out there in Idaho near Idaho Falls already?

Ken
Old 06-18-2017, 08:15 PM
Vegistroker

There are a lot of greasers out that way in Driggs, ID and Jackson, WY, which is about 90 minutes away. Used to be a guy in Tetonia, ID as well which is a bit closer. I don't think many or maybe even any of them are active on this board though.

Oil if pretty easy to find - or at least is was when i lived there.

Buy a snowmobile!
Old 06-19-2017, 04:56 AM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 36,000

Be safe out there on deployment!
Old 06-20-2017, 12:16 PM
Burning Grease Since 2008

Miles on Grease: 160,000 +
$ Estimated Saved: Enough to make me :)
MacGyver Rating: 6

That area in Idaho is really nice..... I plan to spend a lot of time out that way in about 8 years.

Stay safe and thank you for your service.
BTS Transmission W/ 1.0 exhaust housing,Snow water/meth injection.Riffraff Engine Rebuild(kit) @315k .30 over pistons, CNC Fab HPOP, 406injectors.com 160cc single shots.

2002 F350 2WD CCLB 7.3 Bone Stock "Rusty"
Old 06-24-2017, 07:06 AM
Military Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 51325
$ Estimated Saved: 6321
MacGyver Rating: 6.0

well now we are one day ahead of all of you and damn it is hot over here.

Wife is doing the house hunting with her family but she has the luck of buying a house alone. Good thing is most houses are 3500 sqft+ and most will have a three car garage. so that will be nice. I would like to get the oil back into an individual shed, keeps it isolated but i could use the thrid bay for grease.

One thing i want to do is epoxy seal the whole garage prior to moving in. Has anyone ever done that before? I think that will help with doing maintenance in the garage and also the WVO spill. I was also thinking about setting up oil inside like a clean room, maybe drape clear plastic poly and create a room within the garage just for oil. The house we will get will most likely be new construction so imagine trying to convince the wife into putting your oil setup into a brandnew garage. that will be fun.

Sent from the middle of the Pacific.