BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > DODGE CUMMINS / HEAVY DUTY > 3rd Gen Cummins 03-07 Common Rail

Old 06-11-2017, 06:46 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 155k
$ Estimated Saved: 35,000
MacGyver Rating: -1
Default Fuel hoses

Still having issues similar to Liska with our 2006 Ram V3 with Analog brain. We have had issues with veg getting into diesel tank and it seems upon completion of the purge cycle there is no fuel in the fuel bowl/injector pump so unless you do a couple keying prime cycles you get a dry start (turning over no fuel). I found the two fuel hoses attached opposite of what the manual said (the hoses, fuel line with inline check valve was hooked to where the injector pump fuel line is supposed to be on the manifold and vice versa). Not sure if this mattered but I corrected it. Upon driving with system running and purging normally the next start was still difficult, no diesel in fuel bowl. Purge cycle ran for complete time as I watched light on analog brain shut off.
P/S, Purge solenoid, check valve all new and working properly.
Anyone have any ideas what is going on?
This was installed in '09 right before DFA went belly up. I specifically remember Jason coming to my house to work on the manifold and saying he thought there was a manufacturing defect??? I have heard that there is not a diode installed in this year of V3 so I will assume that the OEM pump is not running during purge cycle??

IMG_0853.jpg

Last edited by slapshotscott; 06-11-2017 at 06:49 PM.