BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > DODGE CUMMINS / HEAVY DUTY > 3rd Gen Cummins 03-07 Common Rail

Old 07-25-2017, 10:11 PM
Newbie VegiRamer

MacGyver Rating: DC Welder
Default WVO taking out injectors

Hi folks

About a month ago, injectors 1 and 6 were showing signs of wear, so I had all six injectors replaced. After running the new set on diesel for about a week, started running on WVO again, including daily commute and three road trips. This past weekend, truck threw engine code P0148 and noticed white smoke at the tailpipe plus clacking noise under the hood. Today, the truck is back in the shop and the verdict is injectors 1 and 6 are shot again.

Here's the background

Been running the truck on WVO for several years now. Started with PlantDrive kit then happily upgraded to the VegiRam. Last December we ran out of WVO so just drove on diesel for about 4 months. When I started running on WVO again, the return flow valve stuck and I wound up with WVO in the diesel tank. Took the VegiRam manifold apart, cleaned everything up, new pressure switch and new filter. All good. Fuel was going where it was supposed to. Then had injectors replaced and the rest you know. At the time, truck was throwing code P0148 and the engine would stutter when going downhill with cruise control on at highway speed.

What am I missing here? Everything is flowing where it's supposed to and the CP3 is protected by either the stock filter on diesel or the VegiRam filter on WVO. And why is it only taking out 1 and 6?

Any help would be much appreciated. My diesel mechanic knows his stuff but WVO is all new to him. Obviously I can't afford trial and error with these injectors. Thanks
Old 07-28-2017, 10:58 PM
Big Sky Country

Miles on Grease: 63,885
MacGyver Rating: 6

Take the injectors apart and find out why they are "failing".
1997 International 4700 DT466E - Pending

Tags
injectors