BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > DODGE CUMMINS / HEAVY DUTY > 4th Gen Cummins 08+ 6.7

Old 03-25-2014, 06:06 AM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 8500
$ Estimated Saved: 1165 and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Wont happen.
such positivity.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:23 PM
Unapologetically American

Miles on Grease: 250,000
$ Estimated Saved: $50,000
MacGyver Rating: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
such positivity.

Too many obstacles to overcome and no one to design it. The 6.4 was easier than the 6.7 and it didn't happen. The newer fuel systems are so complex and the emissions are a roadblock if not removed. Tuners and dpf deletes are being watched close by the EPA making it an even more impossible task.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:12 AM
Gettin Greasy

Let's

Assuming you have a deleted truck, what would be the hold up to running a veg system on a 6.7? I'm bored and going to start looking into what the difference is in the fuel systems. I'll be honest I love the hell out of my new truck. If she was running on veg I'd have about all I could ask for.

Hell the dodge dealers are telling the new ecodiesel guys they can run veg in them. I'd imagine there is a lot more involved with those trucks. Maybe the dealers are just full of it. But I've had 2 guys tell me the dealers used that as a selling point
Old 08-03-2015, 02:01 PM
BFT Dealer

Miles on Grease: 50,000
$ Estimated Saved: Over$10,000
MacGyver Rating: .8

I do have 1 client running veg in a 2012 6.7 Dodge. He removed the whole exhaust system and had a mechanic that stuck with the whole process. The computer had to be reprogrammed to live without the exhaust system and regeneration mode.

He spent weeks trying to figure out after run. I do not know if he ever got past that one. He was working with BD trying to figure out how to do it last time I heard from him. I sold him the kit with the knowledge that I would not be able to help him. He was OK with that. The plumbing of lines is not the problem.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:37 PM
Gettin Greasy

The DPF and regeneration is a pain in stock form. I'd imagine it wouldn't work at all with the veg. Before I bought my truck but was looking at new rams, I read that the epa had filed law suits against a few delete /tuner companies. They stated they would no longer sell tunes or deletes, but would continue to support current customers. Luckily my truck has been deleted and retuned. I have a strait pipe from the turbo back. And the egr/cooler have been disabled. Problem is I do not have the tuner, nor do I know anything about the tune I'm running. I'm not really a big fan of that.

I've read a few accounts of guys running diy systems without issue. It's a thought I guess.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:40 PM
BFT Dealer

Miles on Grease: 50,000
$ Estimated Saved: Over$10,000
MacGyver Rating: .8

Get an EGT Gauge as soon as you can, if not already installed,since you do not know the tune.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:06 PM
Gettin Greasy

Yes sir. I'm planning on a digital tuner that I can get an egt on.
I've also got the previous owners number to get more info on the truck
Old 08-03-2015, 05:04 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 330,000
$ Estimated Saved: at least a little
MacGyver Rating: 1.5

There is no doubt in my mind we can veg this truck. Lets fix the blue truck so it is driveable/sellable and send me the Dodge.... errr Ram.... whatever it is - and we will figure it out.

You NEEED to know what tune you have and the programmer would be very nice to have. Obviously the PO put some love in the truck, I bet he'd be happy to hear how much you like it! Call him already.

RIP X & Toyhauler - you served us well.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:32 AM
Newbie Vegistroker

any updates?