BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > CHEW THE FAT > General Discussion

Old 12-07-2015, 05:59 PM
Braaap Braaap

Miles on Grease: 100k
$ Estimated Saved: 10k
MacGyver Rating: 4.20
Default Mishimoto 200 deg thermostat - 6.0l

My current running around town and on the highway no load water temp is 184deg at best with EOT deltas plus 8-10 deg. A piece of cardboard in front of the radiator does not raise the coolant/oil temps at all, it stays solid at 184deg (helps veg temps by 20degs). I would love to see this number at 200 or close to it with this new thermostat.

I had the 203 deg one on my 7.3l with no issues. I'm assuming the same will be true for the mishimoto 200 deg high temp one for my 6.0l, unless you guys tell me otherwise? Planning to get the matching mishi housing as well.

I'll be flushing the gold coolant and switching to ELC soon so I want to do this at the same time. Thanks!
Old 12-07-2015, 08:05 PM
Senior Vegistroker

MacGyver Rating: 7

MtnOilRig,

I installed a 203 Mishimoto thermostat when I did my head gaskets last summer. I have no regrets doing this and regularly see 200 degree ect under normal driving. The highest I have ever noticed was when I was pulling 21 foot boat and trailer up north and it did see 210 for a short time.

Rob
Old 03-14-2019, 04:02 AM
Newbie Vegistroker

This is an unadulterated political article and I didn't care for this sort of the article yet this issue is so open now and you can also check https://www.essayuniverse.net/essaymama-review/ for more informition I need to think about the genuine articles. Along these lines, I read this story to think about this issue and this one is so great. Presently, I need to find out about this issue.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:21 AM
Newbie Vegistroker

My thermostat has the same problem as you. Have you solved it now? I tried your method and it has not been solved until now.