Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > BFT QUALITY CONTROL > Customer Feedback

Old 08-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Senior Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 175,000+
$ Estimated Saved: a bunch!
MacGyver Rating: 3.14159265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegistroke James View Post
Hey Marv, we are currently working on that. The switch took place because we had a different supplier for the fuel level sender. We would bring them in house and then put plugs on them and then figure out what size is needed for the persons particular situation then turn around box them with the kit and out they go. Now I know that doesn't sound that hard but its very time consuming, so when our tank supplier said hey we have a fuel level sender that is bio compatible, cost less, and we can ship them already installed on the tanks for a mere up charge for the sender, we said, "lets do it"!!! Soon after that I put on my new tank with the new sender and about 3 days into it I told Jason that the bouncing issue on my new sender sucks at which point we look at each other and said well, "we will be getting calls on that soon". With that being said we are looking at going back to the old sender units that we used before. The problem though is the same problem that anyone will have when you try to save time and money on cheap parts, cheap parts are well......Cheap! To do so would put us back up another $22 per kit for the change back, and coupled with the fact that we have been talking about possibly having to raise our prices due to cost of everything going up lately we need to think about it. Jason and My self are the first to admit we are amongst the most expensive, and Jason and My self are the first to admit we hate that. Unfortunately quality which is seriously lacking in our industry, is something we figured out early is a necessary evil that cost way more than to half ass it. Now the question is How much is too much? I guess there is always made in China/Taiwan.....UMMM I just threw up a little bit in my mouth I'll talk to you guys later!!!
Vegistroke James,
I would not worry about the guage jumping around like it does. I can live with it but I would also pay and extra $22 to keep it from jumping around. The quality of your product is second to NONE.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Gettin Greasy

Default Installed New fuel sender

Today I installed my new fuel sender, thank you very much James and Jason. I gained 1/4 tank of fuel after install.
Yea, free fuel...
Oh, wait it is free.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Young Skywalker

$ Estimated Saved: $14,000
MacGyver Rating: 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanya View Post
I had an extra bung hole put into the top near the filler neck and have an old fashioned float gauge there so I can see how full the tank is getting when I am filling her up and so I average between that gauge and the one inside.

Tanya
Why didn't I think of that? Great idea.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Senior Vegistroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplemoutdoors View Post
Vegistroke James,
I would not worry about the guage jumping around like it does. I can live with it but I would also pay and extra $22 to keep it from jumping around. The quality of your product is second to NONE.
ISSPro makes a good (better) sender. I bought one and wired it to the stock gauge off a selector switch.

Part II, Working on a setup that switches senders automatically according to fuel being burnt. ie. once v3 turns on, the OEM gauge will automatically read from veggie sender.

Live by the grease, die by the grease
Old 09-16-2008, 03:19 AM
Burning Grease Since 2008

Miles on Grease: 160,000 +
$ Estimated Saved: Enough to make me :)
MacGyver Rating: 6

I'm still working out some bugs with the ex tank (40 gal.). Knowing the tank still had oil in it when the guage reads empty, I noticed the light would turn off on hills or corners. When The light turned off on the flats I knew that it was time to fill. Dan up in black river, NY did the install and put a clear hose in the wheel well area for a visual to help prevent overflow in the vehicle (thanks Dan). Thanks to Dan I prevented a big mess. I figured the tank would take at least 30 gal. The problem for me is that the tank is totally full at about 30 gal. I really did not expect the light to go out with 10 gal in the tank. So, since this is only the second fillup with the new system, can anyone offer any advice??? When planning trips should I expect the 40 gal veggie tank will only give me 30 gal before shutting down? I'm sure I will figure this all out with time and trial, but any input is welcome. I am also wondering when the veggie grin will wear off? ....... or will the grin get bigger when the initial investment pays for itself?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Senior Vegistroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Toepfer View Post
Why didn't I think of that? Great idea.
I agree. It is a very practical but great idea...and I have the stock RDS float gauge to do it with, but I think I'll pass on cutting another hole in the tank and dealing w/ metal filings,etc at this point...
Old 09-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Senior Vegistroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by billman View Post
I'm still working out some bugs with the ex tank (40 gal.). Knowing the tank still had oil in it when the guage reads empty, I noticed the light would turn off on hills or corners. When The light turned off on the flats I knew that it was time to fill. Dan up in black river, NY did the install and put a clear hose in the wheel well area for a visual to help prevent overflow in the vehicle (thanks Dan). Thanks to Dan I prevented a big mess. I figured the tank would take at least 30 gal. The problem for me is that the tank is totally full at about 30 gal. I really did not expect the light to go out with 10 gal in the tank. So, since this is only the second fillup with the new system, can anyone offer any advice??? When planning trips should I expect the 40 gal veggie tank will only give me 30 gal before shutting down? I'm sure I will figure this all out with time and trial, but any input is welcome. I am also wondering when the veggie grin will wear off? ....... or will the grin get bigger when the initial investment pays for itself?
Hi billman-

First, you have discovered that the sender in the tank is probably the same one used in the 30gal version! It's like 4 inches off the bottom of the tank!

Second, My only suggestions there would be to check the prescreen on the V3 manifold (large hex you cant miss). If your installer didn't clean out your tank before installing there will be metal in it.

Also, There could be metal shavings stuck in the rubber hose leading up to the V3 manifold.

Those would be my guesses on your situation

Rog

Live by the grease, die by the grease
Old 09-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 130,000 and counting!
$ Estimated Saved: Lost count - a lot!
MacGyver Rating: 8ish...

Something I found interesting this past weekend...ran my tank lower than usual. Gauge was actually below the "E"....but, I still had about two inches of oil in the bottom of the tank. System would still run fine, but the moment I started hitting some curves, the light would flash on and off.

I guess mine is a bit off as well....I guess I can look at it as reserve!
2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
Old 09-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Burning Grease Since 2008

Miles on Grease: 160,000 +
$ Estimated Saved: Enough to make me :)
MacGyver Rating: 6

I can live with the fuel guage issue. However, when I fill the tank to the top, the oil will leak out of the breather filter at the top of the tank. I have read about building an extension tube and different breather. If I recall the posts, the oil will still leak when tank is full. I know....... Just don't fill the tank to the top. This is easier said than done and quite frankly, I want to be able to fill the tank when it needs it. So does anyone know how to fix the problem??? Cleaning up big oil spots in the driveway is getting old and going to kill the driveway. HELP!
Old 09-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Unapologetically American

Miles on Grease: 250,000
$ Estimated Saved: $50,000
MacGyver Rating: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by billman View Post
I can live with the fuel guage issue. However, when I fill the tank to the top, the oil will leak out of the breather filter at the top of the tank. I have read about building an extension tube and different breather. If I recall the posts, the oil will still leak when tank is full. I know....... Just don't fill the tank to the top. This is easier said than done and quite frankly, I want to be able to fill the tank when it needs it. So does anyone know how to fix the problem??? Cleaning up big oil spots in the driveway is getting old and going to kill the driveway. HELP!
Which tank do you have?