BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > FORD SUPER DUTY / HEAVY DUTY DIESEL > 94-97 7.3

Old 01-06-2014, 11:30 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 8500
$ Estimated Saved: 1165 and counting
Default non veg fuel issue?

I filled both tanks last night at a station u use 95% of the time. I clicked over to my rear tanks and drove about 15 miles to work. Plugged in and she sat for about 8 hrs in 7 deg weather. When I left I started her and let her warm up (needle off the peg) about 3 miles of <35mph my fuel filter light starts flickering then goes on steady. About 5 miles of highway speeds ive lost all power and its acting like my tank is empty. I click to my front tank and my light goes off almost immediately. Truck smooths put and I got her home. There was a strong unburned fuel smell. No leaks filter looks clean. Its got about 8k miles on it. Im running power services winter additive. Any thoughts? Sounds to me like I've got an issue with my rear tank. Just blows because I just filled her to the brim

Any thoughts
Old 01-07-2014, 12:28 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: Over 100K
$ Estimated Saved: Don't keep up with it.
MacGyver Rating: ╥

The only filter light I know of on an OBS is the water in fuel light. Which tank did you fill first? Either you got water in the rear tank or it's stopped up, but being stopped up wouldn't explain the WIF light.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 8500
$ Estimated Saved: 1165 and counting

Filled the front tank 1st. Im wondering if I had some water from condensation in the rear. I drove home on her this morning ive got some things to check out on her