BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > FORD SUPER DUTY / HEAVY DUTY DIESEL > 94-97 7.3

Old 01-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Vegistroker

$ Estimated Saved: -$4057.17
MacGyver Rating: I Like Pie
Default E-Fuel

For you 1st generations out there...

I am looking everywhere high and low for a good guide to follow, please help me out with how to do this to work with the v3.

I also dont want to drop $500 to get er done, so a bit of help on finding inexpensive options would be nice too...
Old 01-30-2013, 07:14 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 330,000
$ Estimated Saved: at least a little
MacGyver Rating: 1.5

There are a couple write-ups here somewhere. Fenker did one most recently IIRC.

Is this it??
http://www.biofuelstechnologies.com/...hp?t-2321.html

Here is a $40 fuel pump option:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-FUEL-PUM...801546?vxp=mtr

I've used a Magnafuel FPR on my truck and a few others (DIY VO systems).

I recommend replacing the OE fuel filter and putting an aftermarket spin-on filter under the bed (after the pump and FPR) - use a WIX 33972 before the pump. I also recommend running new fuel lines to the heads. Place the diesel-side (3/8") CV BEFORE the tee to the heads for easy access. Use PTFE-lined SS braided hose w/JIC ends for you under hood fuel lines.

I'd love to be more help on the specifics - but I haven't actually done this myself - yet... When are you coming over to do this conversion??? Lol.

RIP X & Toyhauler - you served us well.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:00 PM
Vegistroker

$ Estimated Saved: -$4057.17
MacGyver Rating: I Like Pie

Well, I just bought a V3. I should be all set to install everything within a few weeks. I'll PM you when it all comes in.

I came up drinking Bush Lite, I hope you like cheap beer.

Where are you in Georgia? I have family in Savannah.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:42 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 8500
$ Estimated Saved: 1165 and counting

you might be hard pressed to get it for much less than $500. there are a few guys that have but that was all with a lot of junk yard parts iirc.

new pump and FPR is gonna be around 200-250ish on the low side. that said the ebay fuel pump for $40 bucks is something ive tossed around. the pump is cheap and had a life time warrenty. i was thinking about picking up 2 of them. keep one in the truck. if it dies i have an extra and send the crap one in to get replaced. also if running veg, your not going to be running a d2 pump as much. i have found OE 7.3 pumps for around $110.

check out fleetfilter.com for filters and heads. its about the cheapest ive found. check out .org and PSN for some in debth write ups on the install. they have some good ones.

they will also have a link for the banjo bolt. i thought i had it on this computer but i dont.

they also have some good info on the electrical side of it. ill post some pics also. if your not good with wires or you want it to look cleaner check out striclydiesel.com. they have a pre-fab wire harness for the OBS e fuel

Old 11-29-2018, 06:48 AM
Newbie Vegistroker

Default Loved It

Nobody wants to spend much on things which will work until the long time but everybody looks for cheap even it break next day as dissertation writing services scams which has been going on everywhere so stay away even though they say about the thousand word
Old 12-12-2018, 08:33 PM
BFT Dealer

Miles on Grease: 50,000
$ Estimated Saved: Over$10,000
MacGyver Rating: .8

Did you see my post below? I have the efuel parts avail that will work with the v3 system. Thanks. See the Veggiegarage Facebook page for photos. Dave