BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > CHEW THE FAT > Vegistroke Testimonials

Old 03-17-2014, 01:33 AM
logan

Miles on Grease: 4000
$ Estimated Saved: 400
MacGyver Rating: 2
Default Liking It!!!

Here's my story. After a long year of ups and downs with my 05 Excursion. I finally felt today was the reason I went thru all the trouble and challenges. Since I bought it I had one problem after another. It had 140K miles when I bought it, soon after things began to wear out like they normally would. I think what made it challenging for me was being inexperienced at anything automotive especially diesel engines and vegiestroking. I wanted to keep the cost down by doing everything myself, as a result it has been a very long and tiring road for me, but well earned. Over all I have learned a lot about this life style, and the 6.0 engine. I think I did a pretty descent job at bullet proofing, and fixing all the problems that came up, but also made some costly mistakes. Too many upgrades and repairs to mention. But today, my family and I took a short trip maybe 300miles or so. And everything ran great. Finally felt like I could drive my truck forever running on vegie and loving every minute of smelling that sweet vegie oil burning. Man!!! it was awesome knowing all the hard work and money I put in is finally paying off. I can honestly say I am starting to reap the benefits from the fuel savings. I have a lot more fuel to burn before breaking even, but its these long road trips with the family and quality time that I really enjoy. A plus is we get to enjoy these road trips in comfort and not having to worry about the fuel cost. The only time we stop at a gas station is to use the bathroom. All thanks to BFT and their V4 system. Looking forward to all the memories my family and I will share on these great Excursions.

Last edited by logan5c4; 03-17-2014 at 01:43 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:42 AM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 8500
$ Estimated Saved: 1165 and counting

Congrats boss. Glad you got everything ironed out on her. Hope you get SEVERAL problem free veg miles!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:50 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 36,000

Sounds like you're confidently over the hump and have probably learned A LOT about both the BFT system, your Ex and the engine! Congrats!

~Mitch
Old 03-17-2014, 01:41 PM
logan

Thanks for the replies. Already started planning the next family trip. Its great being able to just go whenever we want without worrying about the fuel cost.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Senior Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 250,000

That's great to hear. Hope you have many more awesome road trips and if you plan to head toward Galveston, drop in for some fuel.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:42 PM
Unapologetically American

Miles on Grease: 250,000
$ Estimated Saved: $50,000
MacGyver Rating: 9

Its a definate learning curve and painful to get through sometimes. I was in your same shoes 10 years ago when I bit my dually and now I know so much more. Education cost money and time.
Congrats, you have graduated.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:02 PM
logan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOMAN View Post
That's great to hear. Hope you have many more awesome road trips and if you plan to head toward Galveston, drop in for some fuel.
Thanks Zooman. I appreciate the offer.