BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > FORD SUPER DUTY / HEAVY DUTY DIESEL > 99-03 7.3

Old 06-30-2019, 08:38 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 50K
MacGyver Rating: 5
Default Diesel in V3 manifold & Complete Clean & Reinstall

I have posted other threads and all are related, but I thought Iíd start a new one to discuss the current state.
Quick background: I had to replace the engine in my F-350 so my truck sat for over a year. After installing a new engine, I cleaned all the V3 components (Fuel tank, fuel lines, and manifold). The problem I keep having is the system not coming up to pressure. I just installed the new SSB to see if I could get more information to help me.
Current situation: I took the manifold off in order to clean it better. I started by disconnecting the fuel return line and fuel supply line. When I did, diesel poured out. I thought that the check valve on the manifold was supposed to keep that from happening. Is that true? This is a brand new check valve. I wonder if I should just ask BFT to replace the check valve. Is it likely that a check valve would come new, broken?
I bought a 5gal bucket of Berryman Chem-Dip Professional Carburetor and parts Cleaner, and the manifold is currently soaking in it. To note, I pulled it out yesterday after soaking overnight to see how it was going. This stuff really works. You just take a hose to it after soaking and the particulates fly out. I put it in for another soaking to see if I can get it cleaner.
Lastly, I took the two Port Inserts (I donít know what else to call them) from the two holes you see in the pictures (11 and 8). One port has a larger hole than the other. Which hole do they go in respectively?

Please see pictures attached.

Thank you for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hole 11.jpg (100.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Hole 8.jpg (98.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Port inserts.jpg (77.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 07-01-2019, 01:37 AM
Senior Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 85,000
$ Estimated Saved: almost enough for repairs
MacGyver Rating: 3.8
Default check valve

the check valve keeps diesel from flowing into the wvo tank when running on diesel. there will be diesel in the v3 manifold while running on diesel. if the check valve is bad then you will get diesel flowing into wvo tank thru the wvo feed line or large fuel line to the wvo tank. if the check valve is bad then diesel flows into wvo tank thru the small line or return. if the check valve is bad, while running on diesel the wvo tank will fill with diesel and the diesel tank will empty quickly. if the wvo tank is full then you will have a mess in your bed.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:40 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 50K
MacGyver Rating: 5
Default Diesel past the Check valve

Diesel is definitely getting past the check valve and being pushed towards the WVO tank. Will this problem cause the WVO system to kick on? Is there a way to fix the check valve instead of buying another $55 part that should last longer than 2 years? I sent a message to BFT last night. I'm hoping they just replace it since I don't think it ever worked properly.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:00 AM
SubZero 7.3

Miles on Grease: 50000+
$ Estimated Saved: 14000
MacGyver Rating: 8

In the interim you may want to try pinching off your return line with a pair of vice grips for install a small ball valve and see if your pressure increases. This would be the case if your purge valve was not sealing properly.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:13 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 250k+
$ Estimated Saved: priceless
MacGyver Rating: 6

Mine always trickles a little bit of diesel back to the WVO tank through the purge line (when im burning diesel) .. Im pretty sure that's normal.
Can you hear the pump running? is it getting power?
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?
Get up to temp, shut off the truck, flip switch to manual and see what the WVO pump is doing.

That's what Id do at least...
-Multiple trailers and a bunch of other junk
Straight outta Wimauma
Old 08-06-2019, 04:22 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 250k+
$ Estimated Saved: priceless
MacGyver Rating: 6

Also, if a lot of diesel got in your WVO tank,( like more than 50% D2 to WVO ratio) Your pump might not be building the pressure it would on 100% WVO.
-Multiple trailers and a bunch of other junk
Straight outta Wimauma