BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > Introduce Yourself Here

Old 10-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

Default feenix53

Wanted to say hello! I currently run a GFS system on my 96 Ford 7.3 and I have loved every minute of it. I didnt see the Veggie Stroke system on a truck until just recently, it was very cool and I am considering it for the Excursion we are currently looking at. Anyway I wanted to say hello to all and I love running my truck on WVO!!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 8500
$ Estimated Saved: 1165 and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by feenix53 View Post
Wanted to say hello! I currently run a GFS system on my 96 Ford 7.3 and I have loved every minute of it. I didnt see the Veggie Stroke system on a truck until just recently, it was very cool and I am considering it for the Excursion we are currently looking at. Anyway I wanted to say hello to all and I love running my truck on WVO!!!!
Morning welcome. enjoy ur stay.

oh and pics of the truck or it doesnt exsist
Old 10-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 330,000
$ Estimated Saved: at least a little
MacGyver Rating: 1.5

Welcome. You'll throw rocks at your old system after putting a V4 in the Excursion!!

I've helped un-install several GFS systems that never did work very well AND eventually poly up injectors and fuel rails in the heads. Among other design flaws, sharing fuel filters with both fuels is a bad idea...

RIP X & Toyhauler - you served us well.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

Yeah, so far so good. Unfortunately like other things I have discovered, some of this WVO stuff I learn by on the job training so to say! I did do quite a bit of research but obviously missed or overlooked some things. I just saw this system installed in another truck about 3 weeks ago. I am a firefighter with a wife and 5 children. I am the soul income for the family and this WVO is awesome. Putting it on our next vehicle can happen, but replacing this one would be costly. Very nice system however! Look forward to getting it for the Excursion! Thank you for the reply I am excited to be on the site!

I did send an email to BFS asking if I could use their toolbox tank with my system. I'm sure it probably won't but thought I would ask since they both heat by coolant. Ill bet my external filter would be the issue.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Unapologetically American

Miles on Grease: 250,000
$ Estimated Saved: $50,000
MacGyver Rating: 9

Welcome to the site.
You would be best off to replace that golden showers kit with something better designed or fave many costly engine repairs someday in the future. How many miles have you driven using it thus far?
Old 10-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

It would be great to do so and I understand there could be issues later, our next vehicle will have the VS system.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Unapologetically American

Miles on Grease: 250,000
$ Estimated Saved: $50,000
MacGyver Rating: 9

Quote:
It would be great to do so and I understand there will be issues later, our next vehicle will have the VS system.
fify
Old 10-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 330,000
$ Estimated Saved: at least a little
MacGyver Rating: 1.5

Quote:
It would be great to do so and I understand there could be issues later, our next vehicle will have the VS system.
There will be issues... No need to 'replace it' per say, but some modifications are in order. They will be cheaper than the repairs! (injectors start at $1000 and the problems can be worse)

BFT does not have a kit for your current truck and frankly, the mods required to make the 2nd gen PSD kit work add significant expense to an already expensive kit.

In a nutshell, you need separate filters for VO and diesel and you need to be able to stagger the return fuel so you are not contaminating the diesel tank with VO every time ya switch back to diesel. You also likely need more heat (no copper HE's) and if you have a boat gas tank or PEX fuel lines, I'd recommend getting rid of that too... If they did the conversion, chances are the rat's nest wiring needs to be addressed as well.

Anyway, good luck and keep us posted!!! Wifey (and kids) will love the Excursion!!!!!!!!

RIP X & Toyhauler - you served us well.

Tags
new to forum