BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > EMERGENCY FORUM

Old 12-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

Default diesel fuel going to my WVO tank

It seems I may have a bad Manifold Check Valve since this is the result, fuel into the wvo tank. Can I turn my V3 to off to prevent more fuel from flowing into the WVO tank until I receive my replacement Manifold Check Valve? I have ordered the maintenance kit.

Also, when I replace the Manifold Check valve or clean it, I'm assuming I will have WVO/Diesel coming out this hole. If I try and clean the Manifold Check Valve, is there a screw plug size I can use to screw into the hole while cleaning the Manifold Check Valve?

Thanks,Steve
Old 12-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 36,000

I usually just put a cubie that I've cut the top off of under my V3 when doing any of that kind of stuff. You might be able to just remove your check valve and clean it with some brake clean. I pulled mine and it was a little sticky, so I just blasted it clean.

~Mitch
Old 12-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

Is there a way to know if this check value is working correctly once removed?
Old 12-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 36,000

There's a piece on the inside that should be able to move back and forth. If it's stuck there's a problem (potentially poly buildup). Mine wasn't stuck, but it certainly didn't move back and forth terribly freely until I cleaned it.

~Mitch
Old 12-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Gettin Greasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by schalker View Post
It seems I may have a bad Manifold Check Valve since this is the result, fuel into the wvo tank. Can I turn my V3 to off to prevent more fuel from flowing into the WVO tank until I receive my replacement Manifold Check Valve? I have ordered the maintenance kit.

Also, when I replace the Manifold Check valve or clean it, I'm assuming I will have WVO/Diesel coming out this hole. If I try and clean the Manifold Check Valve, is there a screw plug size I can use to screw into the hole while cleaning the Manifold Check Valve?

Thanks,Steve
Steve - If diesel is going into your veg tank, it could be either the V3 check valve or the purge valve. You can figure which by removing the fuel supply line from the veg tank and running truck on diesel. If fuel comes out of the supply line, your check valve is leaking. If instead, you remove the return line and run on diesel and have fuel coming out of that hose, your purge valve is leaking. This will tell you which valve to remove and clean.

If your check or purge valve is leaking, turning off the V3 won't help. However, if your purge valve is being held open because of an electrical problem, shutting the V3 down may stop the flow of fuel to the tank. Running your truck until you resolve the problem from leaking valves could be accomplished by disconnecting the line from the V3 to engine and capping the line and plugging where it goes into the V3. You could also pump veg out of your tank and put an amount of diesel in there and run the V3 (monitoring fuel pressure and levels of fuel in your veg tank). If your leak is small, you may just get away with pumping the veg tank, running on stock system and monitoring fuel levels and pressure. - Patrick

Last edited by lancaster,pa; 12-08-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 10,000
$ Estimated Saved: -5350
MacGyver Rating: 6.23
Default thanks

if this was fb id press like. i just had the same problem. My tank was filling up. I cleaned the check valve with brake cleaner and a pick from my electronics kit from radioshack. That thing was all gunked up. Now all seems to be working fine. Ill let you know in about 100 miles.
I am glad to see that the V3 just needs a little tlc now and then.
2.5 in add a leaf in back
Old 08-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 60,000
$ Estimated Saved: $12,000?
MacGyver Rating: 3.14159265

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancaster,pa View Post
Steve - If diesel is going into your veg tank, it could be either the V3 check valve or the purge valve. You can figure which by removing the fuel supply line from the veg tank and running truck on diesel. If fuel comes out of the supply line, your check valve is leaking. If instead, you remove the return line and run on diesel and have fuel coming out of that hose, your purge valve is leaking. This will tell you which valve to remove and clean.

If your check or purge valve is leaking, turning off the V3 won't help. However, if your purge valve is being held open because of an electrical problem, shutting the V3 down may stop the flow of fuel to the tank. Running your truck until you resolve the problem from leaking valves could be accomplished by disconnecting the line from the V3 to engine and capping the line and plugging where it goes into the V3. You could also pump veg out of your tank and put an amount of diesel in there and run the V3 (monitoring fuel pressure and levels of fuel in your veg tank). If your leak is small, you may just get away with pumping the veg tank, running on stock system and monitoring fuel levels and pressure. - Patrick
+1 to this

60k on veggie oil and counting