BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > Introduce Yourself Here

Old 11-18-2011, 04:03 AM
Gettin Greasy

$ Estimated Saved: $20k including boiler use
MacGyver Rating: 8
Send a message via Yahoo to greasyX

ya mine hauls firewood,wvo,signs,cars,lead,wheelers,boats,kids, oh and groceries.... but thats another thread. My excursion has hauled 10K a few times, but mostly use it for roadtrips with family and the biz...........greasy
2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............
Old 01-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

Default New in Chicago Suburbs

Hey all!

I've been interested in the wvo concept for quite some time and 2012 is the year I'll be making the leap. I'll be looking to purchase and convert (or buy with kit) a vehicle by spring and start the journey.

I'm in the NW suburbs of Chicago and would love to start making connections in the area.

This forum is a great resource. Thanks to you all for your generous participation!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 60,000
$ Estimated Saved: $12,000?
MacGyver Rating: 3.14159265

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieGroot View Post
Hey all!

I've been interested in the wvo concept for quite some time and 2012 is the year I'll be making the leap. I'll be looking to purchase and convert (or buy with kit) a vehicle by spring and start the journey.

I'm in the NW suburbs of Chicago and would love to start making connections in the area.

This forum is a great resource. Thanks to you all for your generous participation!
Welcome!

60k on veggie oil and counting
Old 01-05-2012, 12:07 AM
Unapologetically American

Miles on Grease: 250,000
$ Estimated Saved: $50,000
MacGyver Rating: 9

Welcome VG!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:24 AM
Senior Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 30,000+
$ Estimated Saved: $2000+
MacGyver Rating: 5.5
Default Newbie Veg-o-matic

Hi All,
I'm new to the forum, been lurking in the shadows for some time. Now I have a V3 to call my own and thought I would now sign up and start talking. I live in St Louis, would love to meet anyone here in town and talk Veg! Lots of good info on the forum, people seem very friendly as well. Looking forward to making some friends!!!

Thanks, Veggi X
Old 01-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Unapologetically American

Miles on Grease: 250,000
$ Estimated Saved: $50,000
MacGyver Rating: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggi X View Post
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum, been lurking in the shadows for some time. Now I have a V3 to call my own and thought I would now sign up and start talking. I live in St Louis, would love to meet anyone here in town and talk Veg! Lots of good info on the forum, people seem very friendly as well. Looking forward to making some friends!!!

Thanks, Veggi X
Welcome!
Wee have other members in your area that will chime in I am sure.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

Hello all
I am seriously considering doing a conversion as the cost of running both my old oilburners is stretching the budget these days. I currently have a 99TDI Jetta and a 95 7.3l, both about to roll 400000km(250k mi). I live in New Brunswick, Canada, diesel went to $1.41 per litre($5 plus gal)
Been checking out a bunch of forums and other stuff, and i think i have a grasp of this stuff, but lots of questions!
I want to run the truck on wvo, as I am going to be using it for work, try and keep costs down. It would be nice to hear from others up this way, see how they did it, Im concerned about import duties from the states, and the available stuff up here. Glad I found this site, lots to learn here!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Senior Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 30,000
MacGyver Rating: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDiesel View Post
Hello all
I am seriously considering doing a conversion as the cost of running both my old oilburners is stretching the budget these days. I currently have a 99TDI Jetta and a 95 7.3l, both about to roll 400000km(250k mi). I live in New Brunswick, Canada, diesel went to $1.41 per litre($5 plus gal)
Been checking out a bunch of forums and other stuff, and i think i have a grasp of this stuff, but lots of questions!
I want to run the truck on wvo, as I am going to be using it for work, try and keep costs down. It would be nice to hear from others up this way, see how they did it, Im concerned about import duties from the states, and the available stuff up here. Glad I found this site, lots to learn here!
welcome to the forum! your in the right place. For a 7.3 you simply cannot get a better kit than the DFA. We have a few Canadian members that will be helpful. First step is to be sure oil is available for collection where you live.

IMHO, the tdi, go bio, or a combo of bio and conversion kit for winter. They can run wvo just fine, but in the really cold areas they don't retain heat very well. This is onfo I gathered from a member, vegginpsd. she has a lot of tdi expirirence and can get you pointed in the right direction.
L99 Black F250 CC LB 4x4 conversion pending...
Old 03-05-2012, 01:56 AM
Newbie Vegistroker

Thanks, glad to be here
I have a 50 gal\week supply for free, starting in May. Hittin up the local greasy tomorrow....
Theres so much to read here, still finding my way around
Old 03-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Military Vegistroker

$ Estimated Saved: -$3,800
MacGyver Rating: 6
Default Startig out fresh

Hello all,
My name is Chandler and I am looking to start living free of gas as much as possible. One of my coworkers has a nice setup and figure it is time to commit. I know alittle about mechanics enough to be dangerous so I figure this would be a good start. Looking forward to alot of advice.I am looking for everything as I have nothing to start with so I will frequanting the for sale area.