BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > FORD SUPER DUTY / HEAVY DUTY DIESEL > 99-03 7.3

Old 11-08-2016, 11:41 PM
vergie2010

Miles on Grease: 225k
$ Estimated Saved: Priceless
MacGyver Rating: -2 to 5
Post Re-Install, no D2 Power green light on without key

Relocated V3 system to 2001 F350 7.3:

All is hooked up except for pressure gauge and sender (it is plugged for now).

1. D2 pump will not run when V3 harness green and black wire hooked up, so I ordered a new pressure switch.
Is there a way to tell if a pressure switch is bad other than system not working, I.E. D2 or V3 pump not turning on?

2. D2 hooked up back directly (OEM) but D2 duel backfilling into VO Tank during both GP warm up and while running. I cleaned the Check Valve and piston springs works properly. I'm gonna order another purge solenoid too.

3.. The green light stays on in all three positions when harness hooked up to D2 pump. However, only with Manual on or Auto when V3 harness not hooked up to D2 pump. In both cases this is with the key NOT in the ignition.

4. Can it make a difference on your V3 system operation if you have a tuner?

Note: I don't have the SSB. I have an V3 analog brain. old brain.
Old 11-09-2016, 01:14 AM
VegiRammer

ps test thanks to Dave
http://www.biofuelstechnologies.com/...ead.php?t=5730
Old 11-09-2016, 02:57 AM
Braaap Braaap

Miles on Grease: 100k
$ Estimated Saved: 10k
MacGyver Rating: 4.20

I agree with Jasco, the PS when it fails the wrong way won't let the diesel pump run. check this first. but your #2 makes me think of something that has happened twice on a buddy's excursion, check the wiring into the 2 relays on the analog brain and or the relays. Do you use the filter heater wrap?

The first time the analog relay area got too hot and went bad, the purge valve was energizing randomly and backfilling diesel into the veg tank. The hot wire going into the relay was melty toasted. I spliced in a spare relay harness from a used v3 and it lasted a year maybe before it failed, this time when it failed, it left the veg pump running with the truck off key off...veg pump ran for 2 hours with the truck off while Mike finished a meeting he had to be at (love me some FASS). He called me and I had him pull the v3 fuses at the battery and drive over. Replaced the relay and the system started working with fried wires and all, I was amazed. Finally time to order a SSB (this will be your real and long term answer) and sent Mike off down the road while the SSB shipped to the house. His system worked for 2 weeks before his PS failed where his diesel pump wouldn't run and he didn't have his jumper plug so he was stranded (my fault here). I put the jumper in to confirm the PS was bad (diesel pump started working right away) and installed the SSB the day it hit my house and he has already put 1k miles on the truck in a couple of days and all smiles.

SSB and new PS. Its hard to reinvest in an older system sometimes, but the SSB gets rid of the inherent heat issues and gives a solid diagnosis to the system that you will use.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:32 PM
vergie2010

Miles on Grease: 225k
$ Estimated Saved: Priceless
MacGyver Rating: -2 to 5
I got through and rid of heat wrap issues long ago and survived a melt down with wires.

I used the jumper plug last week and that didn't work as far as getting the D2 pump running. So, I've ordered a PS.

I think I will order SSB.

New development....
What's the best way to fix cross threading of the manifold port for purge solenoid. I pulled mine to clean it and trying to put back in it would not go in without much force. I only screwed it in 1/2 - 3/4 of a turn and stopped.

I'm thinking my three options are:

1st: Re-tap it carefully (and wrap threads of purge solenoid with fuel resistant plumbers tape)
Do you know the specs on the purge threads?
2nd: Force the solenoid in and hope it gets back on thread
3rd: After one of the two above fail get a new manifold

So much for re-install of V3, if I buy SSB and manifold I will have purchased 75% of a new system with my recent coolant lines, PS, Solenoid, TS purchases

Thanks for the info. Sometimes the writing is on this wall,
Old 04-16-2019, 08:30 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

I will be re-installing this software as soon as I get the time. I am just busy working on my www.topratedessayservices.com/college-paper-org-review/ paper right now, and I can only install this software once that's completed.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:31 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

This is some thing very informative and point to point. There is no round and round in this article. Like this smplicity . This clears my old point of view. THANKS Instagram Auto Likes
Old 05-26-2019, 06:27 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

I have seen such a growth in this new industry termed as seo service provider company. It is resulted in such an astonishing progress for small business owners that people are opting for it.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:22 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you are a great author. I will be sure to bookmark your blog and may come back very soon. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great job, have a nice weekend. https://crackithub.com/spotify-cracked/
Old 06-13-2019, 05:55 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post. assignment help online