BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > CHEW THE FAT > Off Topic

Old 06-17-2016, 09:01 PM
Senior Vegistroker

MacGyver Rating: 8.5+
Default Am I the only 1 who feels this way?

With all the craziness that's gone on in my home state here recently I've started to realize something, we don't have a gun problem, a gang problem, a student loan crisis etc... we have a parenting problem! ! As tragic as it is why would you let your 2 yr old splash around in a dirty scumy pond when there's a clean , safe'r pool 100 ft away. And the fact that our communist in chief refuses to label the gay night club shooting as a terrorist attack.. sorry for the rant I'm just looking around trying to find some rational minds and they seem to be in short supply.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:31 PM
Unapologetically American

Miles on Grease: 250,000
$ Estimated Saved: $50,000
MacGyver Rating: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtcheap View Post
With all the craziness that's gone on in my home state here recently I've started to realize something, we don't have a gun problem, a gang problem, a student loan crisis etc... we have a parenting problem! ! As tragic as it is why would you let your 2 yr old splash around in a dirty scumy pond when there's a clean , safe'r pool 100 ft away. And the fact that our communist in chief refuses to label the gay night club shooting as a terrorist attack.. sorry for the rant I'm just looking around trying to find some rational minds and they seem to be in short supply.
I concur 100% on both points. I couldnt believe that story about the gator killing the kid. Sorry ass parent probably taking selfies with fucking micky mouse instead of watching the child.
And a gun problem? Hell no. No gun ever killed anyone on its own.
Cause of rape is 100% because of rapist.
Cause of mass shootings is 100% because of mass shooters.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:06 PM
Senior Vegistroker

MacGyver Rating: 7

Dirtcheap,

I agree with you on these points. There seems to be no parenting anymore. When I was young we respected everyone and would have gotten a swift kick in the ass for doing something wrong.

With regards to the Florida shooting-You can put all kinds of restrictions/gun laws in place and it still won't stop the nutbars determined to pull it off. I live in Canada where there are A LOT more rules/regulations on guns and things still happen. All the rules that we have here would not have stopped the mass killing in Florida.

Regardless it was a sad week reading up on these stories.

Rob