BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > FORD SUPER DUTY / HEAVY DUTY DIESEL > 94-97 7.3

Old 06-15-2014, 02:11 AM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 8500
$ Estimated Saved: 1165 and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
you mean the engien CV isnt up on the engine? Im confused.
Yes. My engine d2 side check valve is mounted on my frame
Old 06-15-2014, 05:00 AM
Sticky is as Sticky does

Miles on Grease: 60k
MacGyver Rating: 6

Mine too, right in front of the Air Dog d2 pump.......but it's gonna move directly to the "driven diesel" manifold as soon as I get a chance. I believe veggie gets back in that line. My purge time doesn't satisfy my desire to not trash push rods and valves so I've been manually purging for the last 4 months.....where did you mount the SSB?

2001 Ex 4wd Limited Bone stock (for now) except Eagle Eyes Lamps 102K-odo
Old 06-15-2014, 06:15 AM
Unapologetically American

Miles on Grease: 250,000
$ Estimated Saved: $50,000
MacGyver Rating: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyomingowen View Post
Mine too, right in front of the Air Dog d2 pump.......but it's gonna move directly to the "driven diesel" manifold as soon as I get a chance. I believe veggie gets back in that line. My purge time doesn't satisfy my desire to not trash push rods and valves so I've been manually purging for the last 4 months.....where did you mount the SSB?
Why dont you increase the purge time then?
Old 06-15-2014, 06:40 AM
Sticky is as Sticky does

Miles on Grease: 60k
MacGyver Rating: 6

Indeed....but the root of the problem is that the CV is 84" from the head, so why not start at the root. So a month ago I took it apart only to realize that I didn't have a JIC fitting to make the change, so back together it went, got the reducing bushing a week ago and.........got the temp switch on my dash too. so basically I'm manual all the way right now......oh yeah in another thread I'd like to ask what's up with BFT?? 3 weeks with no communication to get a temp switch!?!?!?!?!? AND that's after I emailed and called them to cancel the order after one week. AzDave had a switch to me in a week. Now I can't get a hold of BFT for the return... I try to be a gracious customer but this is a PIA...maybe I'll perform your hot water test on a 140 vs 160, sorry but I digress........Way to go Vandy.... move the check valve IMHO

2001 Ex 4wd Limited Bone stock (for now) except Eagle Eyes Lamps 102K-odo
Old 06-15-2014, 07:52 AM
Gettin Greasy

I didn't even think about the purge issue when I mounted where I did. I'll probably end up moving it up on the motor somewhere. In the mean time I'll change my purge/run times as soon as I can figure out how. Lol

Oh and the ssb is mounted on the front firewall tucked under some carpet on the far left corner by the parking brake. I looked at mounting it on top of the pocket by your rt knee. It was a little too big without cutting into things and I didn't want to cut that pocket out. The oleo is just sitting on my gauge cluster right now. I'm still trying to figure out where I'm going to mount it. I'm thinking right under my headlight switch

Last edited by Vandy; 06-15-2014 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:32 PM
Unapologetically American

Miles on Grease: 250,000
$ Estimated Saved: $50,000
MacGyver Rating: 9

To program settings, wjen you key on the OLED begins to boot up, when it does hit the manual purge and release. It will bring up a settings menu to move through different settings you will use the auto, manual and off settigs on the switch and the purge switch to makes selections. for instance a memu my say MANUAL timers AUTO settings so you put the switch in manual and hit the purge valve to select that. Now your in the timers menu. Timers being the ones that always display your filter hours, etc. Takes a little getting used to but its pretty easy.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Gettin Greasy

I figured her out last night. Turned it to a 120 run and I think 15 or 20 sec purge. I'm taking the truck to Fathers Day festivities here in a few so we will see.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:50 AM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 330,000
$ Estimated Saved: at least a little
MacGyver Rating: 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
I didn't even think about the purge issue when I mounted where I did.
I did give it a moment's consideration and decided that couple oz's of fuel probably would not make much difference. It was 'cleaner' to put CV at the pump on the frame... wyomingowen's real world experience may prove me wrong - I'm anxious to see how it changes when he moves the CV up to the engine. I don't think 10 secs is enough purge-time anyway for a stock V3/V4 in a Super Duty - I prefer 15-20 secs of purge and a little less run time than is often recommended (70 secs is enough for me).

One way to 'test' for VO in your fuel is to put a sample in the freezer. The VO should gel long before straight D2.

RIP X & Toyhauler - you served us well.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:30 PM
Gettin Greasy

I'll try that. Pull the forward fuel line from the v4 for the sample?
Old 06-16-2014, 02:49 PM
BFT Dealer

Miles on Grease: 50,000
$ Estimated Saved: Over$10,000
MacGyver Rating: .8

I will work on a clean way to put the check valve at the Diesel fuel block. Owen and Vandy you guys get it for free for being very patient clients. Thank you for posting and helping. Dave