BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > THE SWAP MEET / CLASSIFIEDS > Trucks/Cars For Sale

Old 04-02-2017, 05:22 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 115,000+
MacGyver Rating: 5+
Default 2000 Ex limited 4x4 V3

Runs great but we rarely use her and she needs more attention then I can give. 280,000 miles. Tranny was overhauled around 250,000. Has a tiny d2 leak (probably the bowl drain lever). Also has a veg leak in the filler neck. New scorpion pump about a month ago. New stainless lines under the hood and the veggie garage check valve relocate kit. Check engine light is on and has been on since I've owned it (last I checked it was something about high pressure). It will need new glow plugs but fires right up in zero degrees as long as it's been plugged in for a few hours. Has a dp tuner and 4" turbo back exhaust. New 1,000,000 mile ball joints, newer pads and rotors although it has developed a vibration when braking. Front seats need covers, rear seats ok. Way back seat is perfect. Has a 35gallon aluminum tank that was custom made to sit nicely behing the 2nd row seat and easily plumbs into the filler neck for extra veg on long trips. Some dings and scratches but nothing major. Rust has started but not visible until you really start looking. Comes with an absolute Cf and some other goodies. She's no beauty queen but a tough and reliable truck. I'm not really sure I want to sell so the price is firm at $9,000.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:08 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 330,000
$ Estimated Saved: at least a little
MacGyver Rating: 1.5

Please post some pics. I have a friend looking for an Excursion. Being from south of the Mason Dixon, I'm suspect about 'very little rust' coming from deep in the rust belt....

RIP X & Toyhauler - you served us well.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:24 PM
Gettin Greasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyskijason View Post
Please post some pics. I have a friend looking for an Excursion. Being from south of the Mason Dixon, I'm suspect about 'very little rust' coming from deep in the rust belt....
It's definitely rusty by southern terms. The rust is mostly underneath the truck and some on the interior lower lip of the door. Prospective northern buyers would probably think it's pretty good for its age. In the south I am sure it would be considered a rust bucket. I think I still have your number and can text you some pics later today.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:13 PM
Gettin Greasy

The EX has been down graded to rusty but trusty! It looks good from a distance but underneath reveals some rusted out rockers. It's probably got a few years before the rust starts to show to the unknowing eye. Even longer if you spray it with fluid film (of which I have a gallon).
Old 04-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Senior Vegistroker

MacGyver Rating: 8.5+

Pics please!!!
Old 04-06-2017, 05:47 PM
Gettin Greasy

We'll start with the ugly to scare off the tire kickers. If anybody wants pics, pm me your info and I'll send via text or email.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4806.jpg (94.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4808.jpg (90.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4809.jpg (96.7 KB, 19 views)
Old 04-09-2017, 01:23 AM
Gettin Greasy

I'm thinking about pulling the kit and selling for 7grand. It's to damn big for my wife to use as a daily driver and I've got a work truck after my 3 mile commute. There is no way I would be able to get even close to replacing the ex for 7k but I see little reason to keep it. I asked her if she would drive an old Mercedes wagon (converted) and the answer was yes! We would prefer something newer and AWD though. What are the "smaller" options out there for a good conversion? I remember a liberty a few years back but that seemed to be a pretty complicated deal.
The Ex has rust, but it also has gauges, rear bags, tuner, overhauled trans, lifetime ball joints etc. and one hell of a strong running engine.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:13 AM
Gettin Greasy

VW Jetta wagon. '99-04 I think are the good ones? I LOVE mine!!!

For AWD, I think you've gotta go newer. Not sure about greasing those...

RIP X & Toyhauler - you served us well.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Gettin Greasy

I wonder how these would like the grease? http://m.ebay.com/sch/Land-Cruiser-/...520Type=Diesel
Old 04-11-2017, 12:38 PM
Gettin Greasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidschaffer View Post
I wonder how these would like the grease? http://m.ebay.com/sch/Land-Cruiser-/...520Type=Diesel
No problem greasing almost any older diesel. Some engines have IP's with seals that will need to be upgraded, etc - but most will love the high cholesterol diet with no more than a good conversion!

I have an '84 FJ60 waiting for time to get an engine swap/upgrade. I'd like to put an MBZ OM617 in it...