BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > EMERGENCY FORUM

Old 09-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: None yet
$ Estimated Saved: -$5200.00 in red 4 now
MacGyver Rating: 5.5
Default High ipr duty %low pressure

First I am not stranded so if this needs to be moved that is fine but this has been going on for a couple of months now and is getting progressively worse.i desperately need this truck to work and it has already cost me a grand in parts and diagnostic time. I'm at my wits end and out of ideas. PLEASE HELP!!!I have a 2003 7.3 excursion 4x4 with 74300 miles. At about 68-70K it developed a oil and fuel leak. I resealed the HPOP and fuel bowl. About a week later the CEL came on with a P1211,1212code. It ran fine and everything appeared to be w/i perimeters so after some research i figured id just reflash the computer( superchip came with the truck and in tow safe mode) couldnt find the cord but it drove fine so I didn't do it until recently. A few months ago after towing the boat it would barely,make it up the hill. Duty cycle pretty much hit 64.7 % and stayed there pressure never rose above 1800. It is totally gutless under load or up hill and dies under braking while going down hill. So,far ive- Resealed the fuel bowl,HPOP. New injector orings,new ipr,icp,cps.im getting low pressure- less than 1800 psi according to the icp sensor( new and old) , and a very high duty cycle from the ipr 64.7%, after replacing the ipr the pressure would not build above 1800 whereas the old unit was giving me at least 2600-2800. I cannot tow the boat, it has very long 10-20+second 'crank times it has died about a dozen times but only while going downhill under a braking application. Sometime it starts fine other times it is a very very long crank, it is not a consistant issue but its usually when warm. Oil has less than 1000 miles on it 15-40 delo with new fuel and oil filter. No visible oil leaks. I finally had to take it to a mechanic and they said that fuel pressure was 68-75 with spikes to 120. FRP in fuel bowl does not appear to be side loaded or have aftermarket springs/ shim. I have an aeroforce gauge for my number and code reading ability. Buzz and contribution test are good, # 3/8 were occasionally failing when cold but ok when warm. After replacing orings no codes returned. How do I get my truck back to functional shape.

Last edited by slayvok; 09-05-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:16 AM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 330,000
$ Estimated Saved: at least a little
MacGyver Rating: 1.5

64% is maxed out Duty Cycle. 1800psi is anemic (pathetic). There is a chance your IPR is leaking internally, but more likely the HPOP is dead/dying. I just had this happen, but ICP topped out at 1200psi before I changed HPOP.

You can try this first:

But HPOP may be in your future:
http://terminatorengineering.com/store.htm

RIP X & Toyhauler - you served us well.

Last edited by skyskijason; 04-22-2014 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Vegistroker

Ugh, that was my last component to replace. The 1211 code is vague at best and with fuel pressure spikes up to 120lbs, I was hoping it was something else.although I will gladly drop 600 to fix this now as this nickel and dime sensor oring game is slowly and painfully bleeding me dry.. In between mechanic trips i was told the oil pressure was w/i spec. spoke to the folks at terminator awhile ago... Good people, he actually steered me away from his pump when I described my situation. This is my wife's DD and designated tow vehicle, right now I'm driving until it can be fixed and reliable, he told me if I want something "dead nuts reliable" go stock - I.e. reman Bosch as they don't make new ones anymore.He told me his product was reliable but required a bit more monitoring &maintenance but was great If i needed big oil. It's not offen when a person gives honest advice like that, I really respect him, and TE, for that. When I have the money and I can get a 250 for myself I will go with their pump just based on that interaction...honesty seems to be so rare these days.
But I digress- is there a reason the pump would have gone bad right after I resealed it?, granted I never had an issue with it so I wasn't looking at those duty cycles or pressures so maybe it was going bad and I didn't know. I just pulled it last night to recheck and reseal and all components seem functional and in place. Especially with only 74k?seems to soon but almost all of the issues Ive had with the truck now are due to it sitting for the majority of its life so I suppose I can buy that either way. I have a few pigtails on order from riffraff to replace the ipr and icp weather pack connectors. Not sure if it's needed but I'm desperate and starting to throw hail Mary's at this thing...I got the aeroforce based on your advise and have been pretty happy with it. It passes buzz and contribution and for a basic scanner has brought me this far but I could see AE in my future if this continues...
Old 09-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Veggin OBS

Miles on Grease: 40k
$ Estimated Saved: 8k
MacGyver Rating: 7

R u still leaking oil? I'm guessing weak/dying hpop or ipr issue.
my ipr issue was it would randomly run different. Not gutless though. Idk what a weak hpop is like mine just wouldn't start one day and it turned out to be bad hpop.

Email Joey at terminator engineering. Makes a great hpop buy will also answer almost any question.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Vegistroker

No visible leaks, I just want to be sure about troubleshooting before I buy any more parts. I am starting to collect quite a few still good parts...nice to have but I'd rather have the money in my account. I would hate to replace the HPOP if it's still good
Old 09-28-2013, 07:44 AM
Veggin OBS

Miles on Grease: 40k
$ Estimated Saved: 8k
MacGyver Rating: 7

Got a good icp u wanna sell? I'm up the road in cottonwood.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:34 AM
Newbie Vegistroker

MacGyver Rating: 4

Joey fixed my dual HPOP setup when the original manufacturer was quibbling with me about who was going to pay for it.
Cant say enough good things about his customer service.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:55 AM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 36,000

I got a T500 from Joey via Jody at DP Tuner. Had some email correspondence with Joey - <24 hour response on emails, and I had my core deposit refunded to my bank account within 48 hours of my old HPOP getting to his shop.

~Mitch
Old 05-13-2019, 04:35 PM
Vegistroker

หวยออนไลน์เยอะแยะรูปแบบที่มีให้ท่านเลือกเล่นได้แล้ วแต่ตัวคุณเอง ต้องหวยที่นี่ที่เดียว

หวยออนไลน์