BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > Introduce Yourself Here

Old 09-14-2011, 03:08 AM
Unapologetically American

Miles on Grease: 250,000
$ Estimated Saved: $50,000
MacGyver Rating: 9
Default New guys chime in please!

I see several new accounts every day but some of yall are not posting. This is a friendly group and we like the new guys so post up and introduce yourselves!
And welcome!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 60,000
$ Estimated Saved: $12,000?
MacGyver Rating: 3.14159265

Welcome to all the lurkers!

60k on veggie oil and counting
Old 09-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Senior Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: .5
$ Estimated Saved: .10
MacGyver Rating: McGyver??
Default Welcome To All Nonposting Members from a Newbie

What I find cool about this forum is that the regulars who frequent and post to this forum do not act as if they know it all as I have seen on some other forums and this really attitude kept me from posting in the past. I personally feel that this forum is different and that there are no dumb questions. I have never been made to feel inadequate about my very limited knowledge of the V3 and the vehicles that use the system . I am not a regular poster yet when I ask a question I get a solid answer and it saves me alot of time searching or reinventing the wheel, when I know someone here has already been there and done that, I can benefit from their experience.

You also have probably noticed that the regulars here generally only bust each other. This is probably due to the fact they were not loved enough as a child, possibly bitten by a rabid dog at some point in their life or maybe it was as simple as something bad or random happened to them at work that day and they just needed to vent at someone and the forum was right there on the computer screen. Definitely better here than victimizing the innocent coworker in the cubicle next to them or beating their significant other when they get home. I am trying to post more often so as to become known enough on the forum that I might be able to save a marriage or two or even help one of the regulars here keep his day job by letting him/ her cyber vent on me, I am just that kind of guy. My life here in Western NY has just been too idylic lately and I need to get in the trenches and help those in need.

All joking aside, join in and make yourself known, what your plan is to begin burnin vegetable oil and then start picking the collective BFT brain ( think of it as the smoke and fire contraption that the wizard hides behind in the WIZARD of OZ ) by asking about a veg/ D2/mechanical problem or idea and see if you can stump it/them. We all learn from each other.

Greasy cheers,

Johnny
Old 09-14-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zampano77 View Post

You also have probably noticed that the regulars here generally only bust each other. This is probably due to the fact they were not loved enough as a child, possibly bitten by a rabid dog at some point in their life or maybe it was as simple as something bad or random happened to them at work that day and they just needed to vent at someone and the forum was right there on the computer screen. Definitely better here than victimizing the innocent coworker in the cubicle next to them or beating their significant other when they get home. I am trying to post more often so as to become known enough on the forum that I might be able to save a marriage or two or even help one of the regulars here keep his day job by letting him/ her cyber vent on me, I am just that kind of guy. My life here in Western NY has just been too idylic lately and I need to get in the trenches and help those in need.

Greasy cheers,

Johnny
Old 09-14-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zampano77 View Post

Greasy cheers,

Johnny
You have 26 posts now, consider yourself a regular.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Senior Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 30,000
MacGyver Rating: 6

its hard to joke around with text, no tone is availble. kind have to be a wordsmith. youll never find me bustin a new guys chops, unless they are just a troll. ill joke around with the regulars or poke fun at them sometimes just cause its fun. this is a great place. the org is another of my favorites, but i visit the bio section there a lot less lately, more trolls and know it all's have been crawling out from under their rocks. the other non fuel related sections are still just as good as ever.

we have a great group of people here. in this forum youll find pics of lakes, trucks, famly, and weird mud dobber things...
L99 Black F250 CC LB 4x4 conversion pending...

Last edited by ridiculously_necessary; 09-20-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: None yet
$ Estimated Saved: -$5200.00 in red 4 now
MacGyver Rating: 5.5
Default Yup Im new

Just wanted to take a minute and say hello, Im new to the grease revolution and glad to be here. I am going to be ordering my V3 kit tonight and Im pretty excited about it. I do have one question though... After looking for 2 years I finally found the Excursion I wanted. I found it up in Oregon from a nice older coulple, its a 2003 with the 7.3 and it only had 56K miles on it! It is basically stock except for a powerchip and the regulated fuel return / bowl delete. My question is this will the Regulated return be compatible with the V3? I really need this to be an automatic system or it will not get used by my wife and I bought this for my wife and the kids, after all more metal = better. I dont want to fill my diesel tank with WVO/ VO and vice versa. I have never posted on a blog before so I dont know if this is the right area for this question but any help would be really appreciated.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayvok View Post
Just wanted to take a minute and say hello, Im new to the grease revolution and glad to be here. I am going to be ordering my V3 kit tonight and Im pretty excited about it. I do have one question though... After looking for 2 years I finally found the Excursion I wanted. I found it up in Oregon from a nice older coulple, its a 2003 with the 7.3 and it only had 56K miles on it! It is basically stock except for a powerchip and the regulated fuel return / bowl delete. My question is this will the Regulated return be compatible with the V3? I really need this to be an automatic system or it will not get used by my wife and I bought this for my wife and the kids, after all more metal = better. I dont want to fill my diesel tank with WVO/ VO and vice versa. I have never posted on a blog before so I dont know if this is the right area for this question but any help would be really appreciated.
I dont know much about the aftermarket regulated return systems on those but why dont you start a new thread in the 7.3 section and you will get lots of info I'm sure.
Welcome!!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: None yet
$ Estimated Saved: -$5200.00 in red 4 now
MacGyver Rating: 5.5
Default thanks!

copy that I will thanks- ill get the hang of this eventually
Old 09-27-2011, 01:35 AM
Senior Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: .5
$ Estimated Saved: .10
MacGyver Rating: McGyver??
Default Exciting times

Slayvok,

Welcome to the forum, you are at a good place if you are going to veg a PSD. Congrats also on an getting what will soon be an amazing ride powered by waste grease. Looking forward to your questions and input on the V3 install as I generally learn something from all who post.

Again, welcome.

Johnny