BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > DODGE CUMMINS / HEAVY DUTY > 3rd Gen Cummins 03-07 Common Rail

Old 05-15-2017, 05:12 PM
VegieRam

Miles on Grease: 6000
Default WVO psi swings

I am having issues maintaining my WVO between 20-25 psi. Just simple acceleration my pressure drops to 5-10psi . Only when I idle is it 20-25. Filter is fairly new <1000mi. Any clue what might be happening or if this is an indication a failure to some component is coming? Not sure why my pressure switch does not switch off as its supposed to if it does under 10psi for the VegiRam, its fairly new also, <3000mi. Any thoughts would be great.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:44 PM
Unapologetically American

Miles on Grease: 250,000
$ Estimated Saved: $50,000
MacGyver Rating: 9

Check the prescreen and tank vent.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:06 PM
VegiRammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Check the prescreen and tank vent.
How confident are you in your cleaning process? Are you using pho? On my ram I normally see a drop of 2-5 psi under normal acceleration with a new filter. 5-7 on heavy acceleration. As the filter ages that differential gets larger but the psi at idle stays the same or drops 1-2 psi from new. I normally get 8k miles before I start dropping below 8psi under acceleration and change my filter.

The pressure switch on the ram is not reliable. Mine has been stuck showing pressure for a long time. It intermittently will work again randomly. I believe the veggie is hardening the membrane in the switch and this is keeping the switch engaged. The"spring" in the switch is not enough to push back the hardened membrane. The Ford switch works because it is at a much higher pressure.