BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > CHEW THE FAT > Vegistroke Testimonials

Old 01-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 330,000
$ Estimated Saved: at least a little
MacGyver Rating: 1.5

Awesome!! Congratulations and you are quite welcome. My biggest joy from greasin' is making friends like you!!

RIP X & Toyhauler - you served us well.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:38 PM
BFT Dealer

Miles on Grease: 50,000
$ Estimated Saved: Over$10,000
MacGyver Rating: .8

Mom always warned me about "those people".
Old 01-07-2014, 07:27 AM
Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 19,000
$ Estimated Saved: -0
MacGyver Rating: -3.03

Congrats from a newbie, something to aspire to ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOMAN View Post
The injectors were gummed up and several injectors looked like they had tip damage. So anytime I see white smoke or smell veggie from the exhaust at start up, I get a jug out, pull the hose on the purge valve and check to see if the purge valve is flowing. I recommend a purge valve check like this periodically.
I'd like to learn from this recommendation: Where is the purge valve on a v2, how does one 'pull the hose' ?
Old 01-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 8500
$ Estimated Saved: 1165 and counting

Quote:
Yesterday I rolled past the 488,000 mile mark. The significance of this was 3 years ago in November, Jason P came down and taught me how to change out the injectors on my truck. I had 388,000 miles on my originals and had lost the number 1 injector. I got the injectors from Riff Raff and we installed them over a 2 day period. What Jason discovered was that my purge valve had gummed up and wasn't purging the system on shutdown like it should. The injectors were gummed up and several injectors looked like they had tip damage. So anytime I see white smoke or smell veggie from the exhaust at start up, I get a jug out, pull the hose on the purge valve and check to see if the purge valve is flowing. I recommend a purge valve check like this periodically.
So anyway, "they " said it would ruin my engine, "they" said I was an idiot for even considering converting my truck, "they" said it was all b.s.......
"They" never think outside the box.
Happy trails!!!!
ive been told this by "those guys" quite a bit. i work with most of those guys. i cant wait to have half your miles to look at them and say now what!
Old 01-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Senior Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 250,000
MacGyver Rating: 2

Camp, my original purge valve was a little square looking thing about the size of a match box that was located in front of the filter and behind the pressure switch. Clay sent me an extra he had a few years ago that is cylindrical in shape and has the circumference of the size of a quarter. The hose heading toward the tank from the valve can be unscrewed and I put a piece of Tygon tubing on the fitting of the valve to see the flow into a jug.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Vegistroker

Quote:
... my original purge valve was a little square looking thing about the size of a match box that was located in front of the filter and behind the pressure switch. Clay sent me an extra he had a few years ago that is cylindrical in shape and has the circumference of the size of a quarter. The hose heading toward the tank from the valve can be unscrewed and I put a piece of Tygon tubing on the fitting of the valve to see the flow into a jug.
Could you point to the numbering on this photo to which part is which, and where I can unscrew it? Thanks!
Old 01-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Unapologetically American

$ Estimated Saved: $50,000
MacGyver Rating: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampVan View Post
Could you point to the numbering on this photo to which part is which, and where I can unscrew it? Thanks!
Its 2. Looks like a 1/4" line coming off of that which is the return line to the tank. Thats the hose to disconnect if you want to test purge function. 6 is the pressure switch with the 3 wires.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:00 AM
Vegistroker

Thanks, seems my purge seems to working well, if not too well ...
Which part (see numbers above) do I need to remove and clean or replace if I have lots of D2 flowing into the VO tank while the V2 is on AUTO but not warm enough for the pump to be running yet?
Is one of the numbers on my photo above the check valve?
It does not happen if I just drive on D2, or start on D2 with the V2 in OFF and turn it ON manually when the engine is hot.
If I need to replace something (or should have a backup ready before attempting this removal), I'd appreciate a link to where to order it.
Thanks!

Last edited by CampVan; 01-30-2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:53 PM
Senior Vegistroker

MacGyver Rating: 2

Sorry, I didn't see your post with the pics, but Clay helped you out. As far as the D2 going into your WVO tank, is the tank running over a lot or is it once in a while. I notice that when I fill my wvo lip lapping full and only drive it a few miles and shut it down, that it will overflow as the D2 purge was more than the wvo I used. So, if I top off the wvo I need to plan on going for a long drive, but if I know I'm not driving far for a few runs, I won't top the tank off.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Vegistroker

It seems to happen all the time when I start driving with the V2 in AUTO, D2 is flowing into the WVO tank. I think it stops as soon as the V2 automatic turns on the VO pump (and turns off the diesel pump).
It does not happen if I start driving with the V2 in OFF, and only switch ON when the engine is warmed up to about 188F (reading my OBD2 scanner that's usually the time the V2 would automatically switch over to VO). But I'd prefer to use the automatic V2 to decide the right time to switch over to VO.
The tank is not overflowing because I'm not filling it full right now.
Hmmh, it could also have to do with the purging. If that is the case then it purges way more and longer than I hold down the purge button (several gallons it seems).
As my engine run wire seems to have an issue (see my other thread) I turn the v2 OFF and purge manually by holding the purge button for 10 seconds, and continue driving on just D2 for at least 2-3 minutes before I reach my destination.
I read I could try to clean the purge valve and the check valve, but I'd need more hands on step-by-step explanation on how to do that, and which part is which.
I haven't dared to take anything apart yet as I don't know where to start, and I'd rather have the right spare part in hand before I try that.