BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > BFT QUALITY CONTROL > Order Status?

Old 09-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 17,776
$ Estimated Saved: $4863
MacGyver Rating: 7.77

I fully understand the quote that was given to me...I know that I was going to be cutting it close...that said, the install was planning to happen this weekend and then i would have a full week to work out the kinks before this trip...maybe i would have issues and not take it, or maybe i woulc get them all worked out...

that said...it is a public forum...this is an order status forum...i have more than given positive publicity for this company and will continue to do so...you will most likely have 2 more orders already from me...i dont have a problem with the company or the product, but a simple phone call on your end would have solved this...

i am not making up the date that i am to expect it...i was told 3-4 weeks in the beginning, but then karl told me that it was shipping last week...if karl would have told me that the electronics module wasn't ready and that it would be closer to the 4 weeks and i wasnt getting it, then that would be fine...

also at that point if the electronics module was all that was needed, and you have a customer that is waiting, then maybe make an exception and mail out what is ready so i can get most of it done...

all in all...it's not that big of deal but as much as you will get positive feedback, there are times you will get negative feedback...this was bad communication on the delivery...i guess i was just super excited and felt disappointed...roy and karl have always answered calls and now they arent...just doesn't feel right...the time to over communicate is when things aren't going as plans...that way with most things in life...lack of communication then only allows someone to think worse of the situation

i understand fully what you are saying though and am pretty reasonable...just a call man...sorry it came to this, but not sure where else to go to get status, other than your order status forum?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNut View Post
Lastly (and probably arrogantly on my end)... you're biting the hand that feeds you if you want to air your frustration on a public forum... paid for by BFT and provided for BFT customers... I understand you're anxious to get started... but no one is cheating you or trying to steal from you... and the only thing that is the enemy here is TIME).

Jay
this is kinda unfair...if you don't want people to question order status, then remove this section...answer calls...something...i didn't want a public forum, but responses were not happening privately...it's a public forum...which means you will get positive and negative...as a company handling the negative and turning it into positive is priceless...i dont think i am completely invalid...i dont think you are cheating or stealing from me...agree it is just timing...bad communication fueled the fire...

bottom line, this just gives me more time to plan for my install...i am super pumped for this installation...excited to use the system...i have already started a super detailed writeup to help your future customers...i am sending two more your way...I <3 BFT.
2001 F350 7.3L PSD - Crew Cab with 6' bed - 4" lift with 35" Procomp tires and 18" XD Series wheels - RoadArmor Bumper w/12K winch & PIAA spot/fog lights - Spyder CCFL headlights retrofitted with HID kit - V3 saving me money for the next mod
Old 09-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 17,776
$ Estimated Saved: $4863
MacGyver Rating: 7.77

and for future readers, i am more impressed to see this reply and feedback from BFT!
2001 F350 7.3L PSD - Crew Cab with 6' bed - 4" lift with 35" Procomp tires and 18" XD Series wheels - RoadArmor Bumper w/12K winch & PIAA spot/fog lights - Spyder CCFL headlights retrofitted with HID kit - V3 saving me money for the next mod
Old 09-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Senior Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 30,000
MacGyver Rating: 6

as a side note, i am doing my own install at the moment. i have heard of a lot of people needing to remove the DP to get that passenger rear D2 line off for the CV update. i never had to, i found that i was able to get a wrench (9/16) in there and crank between the head and turbo (in the valley basically). not bad at all. i was then able to get a deep socket on the CV.

i dont know if BFT sends new fittngs or not, but vegginpsd advised getting the two fittings used on the fuel bowl from ford and using those in place of the stock cv's. they are shorter and un-restricted. my wife had our only other operational vehicle or else i would have done that myself. i advise it.

the real pita for me was getting the fittign back on with the new rubber sleeve. my wife has smaller hands and had all kidns of room, but she jsut wasnt strong enough to push on the fitting while trying to thread it. i finally got it though.
L99 Black F250 CC LB 4x4 conversion pending...

Tags
biofuels, late, order, shipment, system