BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > DODGE CUMMINS / HEAVY DUTY > 3rd Gen Cummins 03-07 Common Rail

Old 05-22-2017, 08:56 AM
Newbie VegiRamer

MacGyver Rating: DC Welder
Default P0148 Fuel Supply Malfuntion

Hi folks

Truck started throwing code P0148 "fuel supply malfunction". It only throws the code when warming up on D2. The engine runs fine with no change in power or smoke at the tailpipe. When it switches over to WVO, same thing, everything normal. EXCEPT when it comes to the purge cycle. For the first stage of the purge, the engine idles rough and sounds like it's going to stall.

With engine off and key on, the stock lift pump runs and sounds good.

I don't see how this could be the fault of the WVO system but I've been wrong before. So before I take it to a diesel mechanic only to have him point the finger at the WVO, anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:38 PM
VegiRammer

check for return line leak or obstruction. I had the same issue and no one could figure it out. I finally developed a massive leak at the plastic quick disconnect at the back of the fuel bowl (I believe it was the return line). Pretty awful design. Plastic fitting attached to a metal fuel line.

My symptoms were more pronounced (i.e throw code everytime) with a sudden throttle off such as turning off cruise at highway speed with your foot off the accelerator. I think the sudden jolt was causing a the fitting to which would make it leak worse. Was like this for 1.5 years before the leak was bad enough that it started leaving puddles in my driveways and then failed completely. I had no issues while running on veggie just on D2. I think the viscosity of the veggie would mask the problem.

engine will run really rough if you pinch off the return line so check D2 return for obstruction as well.

Are you also getting the 10 chimes and grid heater light coming on as well when the code throws. This was another one of my symptoms and I think I had a second specific code for return rate.

Full diagnosis steps in link.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...-cause-167967/
Old 05-23-2017, 02:59 AM
Newbie VegiRamer

MacGyver Rating: DC Welder

Thanks Jasco. The truck is now throwing two codes P0148 (fuel supply malfunction) and P0088 (high rail fuel pressure). When running on D2, the engine sounds rough during deceleration. On WVO, everything runs normal.

When on running on D2, when I pinch the return D2 line at the back of the VegiRam, the engine idles rough. When running on WVO, when I pinch the return line at the WVO tank, the same rough idle happens. So return flow is going where it should.

I pulled the three way solendoid valve. Some gunk on the ports closest to the solenoid but nothing that would plug it. Tested it on the battery, all good. Replaced it, unplugged the WVO pump, and with key on switched back and forth between off and manual. Could here click at solenoid. All good there.

Checked all other fittings. No leaks.

Sooooo.....anyone?
Old 05-23-2017, 12:03 PM
VegiRammer

Do you have a pressure gauge for D2 and veg? If not get one.
Old 07-08-2019, 03:18 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

I am not awed with the work that has been done here. I expected you enlighten us concerning the https://altoprotectpdf.com/about-us site here, yet I don't perceive any data with respect to that here. It's a disgrace, truly.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:59 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

This would not be a problem for them if they can find an online resume writer who is willing to do all of the work for them. It is not a difficult task so it shouldn’t take long.
Old 08-04-2019, 03:41 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

It's constantly superb when I perused an article like this on your site. The substance causes me with my https://altoprotectpdf.com/ papers, and that is actually what I need. I would love it if increasingly substance like this is shared.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:53 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

students I am going to share PSEB 12th Class Model Test Paper 2020 for students in Pdf format for all subject. These question papers are based on the latest syllabus & exam pattern of Punjab Board (Mohali). After downloading these Punjab Board 12th Model Paper 2020 you can understand the pattern of the academic session 2020

Tags
fuel supply malfunction, p0148, purge, rough idle