BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > CHEW THE FAT > General Discussion

Old 06-06-2016, 03:30 PM
permaculturist

Question BFT maintenance schedule & checklist?

So I've gone a few thousand miles on WVO with my V4 & everything seems great so far.
I see in the BFT online store this maintenance pack with the V3 Manifold Check valve, V3 Manifold Pre-screen mesh, Electronics Module replacement relays, O-ring sets (total of 4 rings), fuses (2 of each size) & it seems like a good emergency kit to have onboard.
I was wondering how members check & maintain their WVO setups. Also, general best practices as concerns fuel system cleanliness. I've read somewhere that cleaning the diesel tanks every 30,000 miles or so is part of regular maintenance.
Thoughts? Please share your fuel (WVO & dino) maintenance checklists!
Old 06-07-2016, 01:31 AM
Gettin Greasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxley View Post
So I've gone a few thousand miles on WVO with my V4 & everything seems great so far.
I see in the BFT online store this maintenance pack with the V3 Manifold Check valve, V3 Manifold Pre-screen mesh, Electronics Module replacement relays, O-ring sets (total of 4 rings), fuses (2 of each size) & it seems like a good emergency kit to have onboard.
I was wondering how members check & maintain their WVO setups. Also, general best practices as concerns fuel system cleanliness. I've read somewhere that cleaning the diesel tanks every 30,000 miles or so is part of regular maintenance.
Thoughts? Please share your fuel (WVO & dino) maintenance checklists!
my truck has 252,000 miles on it 32,000 of that is veggie oil and I have never cleaned the diesel tank but I have recently been making biodiesel and from what I have read that will eventually clean everything for me. As far as cleaning the WVO tank yes its a good idea and mine I can see is disgusting inside but I don't have the willpower to take it all off yet and clean it and now I can just dump biodiesel in there and pray for the best. The maintenance pack is good to have specially for the v3 check valve, the relays and the screen mesh.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:06 AM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: y=Mx+b

If I am reading this right you have a V4 with SSB, and you are pointing to a V3 Maint kit. If so, the electronics are different, so some of the V3 kit will not be usable to you.

Biggest items to always have are the prescreen, donaldson filter, and I'd rather have a spare pressure switch than electronics if you are running SSB. Check valve is a nice to have, but they are pretty rugged in my experience. Unless you are traveling to a place where you are out of UPS range for a week or more, it becomes a question of how much do you want to spend. For example, a temp switch can go bad and you can still run in manual. But its nice to have one just the same.

Of all the items to go bad on a V4, it really depends on your oil source. If unknown oil, you cannot be without a prescreen or donaldson. If good oil, pressure switch is most common failure in my experience.
2006 F350 CC KR SRW - V3 SSB Mantis Pump Head
Old 07-14-2019, 08:28 AM
Newbie Vegistroker

The writer guides in good behave in his beautiful post. Author want to say, that alert about maintenance schedule and checklist of BFT That we can safe from dangerous accidents. We should follow this http://www.electricaleasy.com/2016/1...g-courses.html article and should check maintenance schedule of BFT.

Tags
diesel, filter, maintenance, manifold, wvo