BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > FORD SUPER DUTY / HEAVY DUTY DIESEL > 94-97 7.3

Old 03-31-2009, 05:24 PM
Gettin Greasy

$ Estimated Saved: $20k including boiler use
MacGyver Rating: 8
Send a message via Yahoo to greasyX

Went strawberry picking last year with the family,two puiruses there.I get out of the X,and here mumbling.As I walk away I here one of the hybrid geeks ask me "How can you drive such a gas guzzling monstrousity,in these times with good men are dieing to supply YOUR fuel"? I slowly turn around and the wife gives me the "don't kick this guys ASS look",so I slowly approach said geek.I began "This truck runs on waste vegetable oil,I average 130 MPG on diesel,and I have several close friends serving in Iraq.I then explained that there are more then one type of hybrid,and I needed more power and space then a smaller one would provide."I then showed him the V3 and tank,and he quickly apoligized for being rude.He said he would look at diesels in a different light,and try not to be so narrow minded.All the time my wife was laughing her ass off:chuckles:.So next time he sees a big truck in the rear view,I hope I changed his train of thought................
2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............
Old 03-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 130,000 and counting!
$ Estimated Saved: Lost count - a lot!
MacGyver Rating: 8ish...

Greasy, that's about what I was expecting to hear if someone was to say anything to me. I'm sure they view us as careless, inconsiderate folks just based on the types of vehicles we drive.
2008 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold
2005 F-250 PSD - CC, Lariat, 4X4 - Sold