BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > CHEW THE FAT > General Discussion

Old 02-26-2016, 08:55 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

MacGyver Rating: 3
Default Installed SSB no green light

Just installed SSB in truck today. Took it for a test drive and no green light(green light worked with analog control) When I was installing the SSB (upgrading from analog ) the manual said White wire went too #4 on the back of the switch but I couldn't find a white wire coming from SSB. when I got home I remembered also that the manual also said in Chapter one that one of the four wires coming from the analog control is a black wire, but I don't find anywhere to hook it to the SSB . So I'm wondering if one of these is the problem. Other than that it works great so says the OLED display.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:24 PM
Unapologetically American

Miles on Grease: 250,000
$ Estimated Saved: $50,000
MacGyver Rating: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
Just installed SSB in truck today. Took it for a test drive and no green light(green light worked with analog control) When I was installing the SSB (upgrading from analog ) the manual said White wire went too #4 on the back of the switch but I couldn't find a white wire coming from SSB. when I got home I remembered also that the manual also said in Chapter one that one of the four wires coming from the analog control is a black wire, but I don't find anywhere to hook it to the SSB . So I'm wondering if one of these is the problem. Other than that it works great so says the OLED display.
The white wire doesnt come from the SSB, it comes from the harness that plugs to the pressure switch on the v3/v4. That wire will provide 12v to the green light when the system comes on. And I am confused by what you said about the black wire. Sounds like your trying to connect the analog control to the SSB?? If so, thats wrong. The analog control comes completely out.
Black is always ground so you will need to ground the black wires.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:44 PM
BFT Dealer

Miles on Grease: 50,000
$ Estimated Saved: Over$10,000
MacGyver Rating: .8

http://veggiegarage.com/toolslinks.php Here is the install manual for the SSB. Yes the Black is ground and the manual has a wiring photo that shows the white wire in the single connector going into the SSB and the white wire being in the harness going out of the SSB to the Switches. I print out the manual so I have it to look at while doing the wiring. Email me f you need help. dave@veggiegarage.com
Old 02-29-2016, 06:50 PM
Big Sky Country

Miles on Grease: 65,500
MacGyver Rating: 6

IIRC, the SSB switches ground not 12v to power the green light.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:49 PM
Newbie Vegistroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDave View Post
http://veggiegarage.com/toolslinks.php Here is the install manual for the SSB. Yes the Black is ground and the manual has a wiring photo that shows the white wire in the single connector going into the SSB and the white wire being in the harness going out of the SSB to the Switches. I print out the manual so I have it to look at while doing the wiring. Email me f you need help. dave@veggiegarage.com
I had the install manual for the SSB and I see the white wire with the single connector that plugs into the harness from the SSB, but there is no white wire going out of the SSB to the switches.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:41 PM
BFT Dealer

The 6 pin white plug with 5 wires in it that is in the switch package should house the white wire. Email me and I will snap a photo with my phone and send it.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:00 AM
Newbie Vegistroker

The 6 pin white plug has 4 wires (2 oranges a green and a red) coming from it going to the switches.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:02 PM
BFT Dealer

Have you gotten this fixed yet?
Old 03-10-2016, 02:53 AM
Newbie Vegistroker

no I have not
Old 03-10-2016, 02:29 PM
BFT Dealer

Take a photo of the harness missing the white wire and send it to Jay. He should be able to supply you with either the wire to plug into the connector or a new switch harness kit. I do not think he reads these posts much. So send email.