BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > FORD SUPER DUTY / HEAVY DUTY DIESEL > 03-07 6.0

Old 04-24-2011, 11:58 PM
John Barraco

I have two trucks that have DFA kits installed in them, when I had a problem with the same exact o-ring in the other truck, Jason sent out a replacement o-ring the same day at no charge. I have a WVO Designs raw power CF. When the seal failed in the bottom of the bowl, Leon sent one out the same day at no charge. When everyone else I've dealt with in the WVO world has been extremely easy to deal with and quick to help at little or no charge, its tough to feel like I'm being treated fair in this situation with BFT. I'm sorry to have used the term dishonest, the thought may be conveyed more clearly by saying that I feel as though I've lost a personal relationship and am now dealing with a company only looking to realize a profit where ever possible.

Last edited by jvbarrac; 04-25-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:05 AM

Miles on Grease: 150,000
$ Estimated Saved: $40,000
MacGyver Rating: 8.006

If by "talking to Ford Service Department" you mean "browsing around on the internet", then OK...

If I DID talk to you on the phone, I certainly would have pointed you to any one of these items that contain O-rings. There are a variety of combinations... as part of other kits, all the way down to just the O-rings themselves.

Here: as part of the $90 maint kit.

Here: (Viton O-rings) as part of the 7.3L machine fittings pack for $111

Here: (Viton O-rings as a standalone) $15

Here: Pump O-ring kit (set of 6) $10

(I'll just stop myself there... all apologies accepted in the form of on-line purchases).

Jay
-VegiStroke V4 - 30,000 miles (and counting)

2004 Dodge Cummins - VEGIRAM
-Prototype V4 VegiRam - 40,000 miles (and counting)

2004 Caterpillar 3126E/C7 - VEGICAT
-Frankenstein-ized V4 - 30,000 miles (and counting)

1974 Human Wife
2002 Human Son

<Shameless plug>
Support BFT and these forums: purchase your bag and spin-on filters from our on-line store: BFT On-Line Store
</Shameless plug>
Old 04-25-2011, 01:46 AM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 60,000
$ Estimated Saved: $12,000?
MacGyver Rating: 3.14159265

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvbarrac View Post
I have two trucks that have DFA kits installed in them, when I had a problem with the same exact o-ring in the other truck, Jason sent out a replacement o-ring the same day at no charge. I have a WVO Designs raw power CF. When the seal failed in the bottom of the bowl, Leon sent one out the same day at no chargep. When everyone else I've dealt with in the WVO world has been extremely easy to deal with and quick to help at little or no charge, its tough to feel like I'm being treated fair in this situation with BFT. I'm sorry to have used the term dishonest, the thought may be conveyed more clearly by saying that I feel as though I've lost a personal relationship and am now dealing with a company only looking to realize a profit where ever possible.
I hope what I'm about to post comes across the right way.....

Couple of questions for you:
1) What are you willing to pay for 1 o-ring?
2) What do you think that o-ring costs BFT?
3) How much would shipping be for that o-ring?
4) How much money do you think BFT would lose for every o-ring sold / shipped?

If BFT was in the o-ring business, there would be no BFT. There are plenty of places to get o-rings, including BFT. I'm sorry there wasn't a package that met your expectations, but I'd prefer to have things as they are and have a business model that can be sustained.

Jay put a fair amount of thought into how it would be possible to have parts like this available for the customers but do it in a way where it made sense from a business perspective (factoring in his price, what it could be sold for, how much it would cost to package and ship, and his time).

I know you may have missed it, but not too long after Jay took the helm he posted his plan for these types of parts and the maintenance packs were born.

60k on veggie oil and counting

Last edited by Snake; 04-25-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Me MacGyver!

Miles on Grease: 12,000
$ Estimated Saved: $2500
MacGyver Rating: 6.5
Send a message via AIM to Mdub707

Quote:
I feel as though I've lost a personal relationship and am now dealing with a company only looking to realize a profit where ever possible.
Not knocking Jay in anyway, because I like what he's doing for us here, but do you know ANYONE that could match Jason's personal relationship with vegistrokers? That guy probably answered the phone in the middle of the night more than once a week.

Think about it this way (we all know what happened with DFA and why there is a BFT now), if they don't make a profit, there is no point to having a business. So if Jay isn't making a profit, BFT goes away, then where do you get your replacement parts? Let's be real here, it IS a business, if it's not making money it disappears. That's just common sense.

I can feel your frustration, but it will get figured out and you'll get your vegistroke running again and you'll be saving a ton of money driving down the road. Even if you had to pay $100 for that one single O-ring, you're still going to profit from it. (not saying you should have to do that, but...).

I purchased a used vegistroke kit during the transition of DFA to BFT, and some of my pieces were lost in the switch-over and I never recieved them. It really wasn't anyones fault, just bad luck on my part (common theme), but I came on here complaining about it too. It was all in frustration. The good folks on here got me pointed in the right direction and thanks to some "above and beyond" legwork from AzDave I'm burning grease.

I guess what I'm saying is just relax, breathe, think this through and we can figure this out reasonably. It's a good group of guys on here, and Jay is doing what is right for the company, which in turn... is what's right for us vegistrokers.
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
Cause his job is to make oil and break things.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:37 PM
John Barraco

Jay,
I called BFT last week and posed my problem to the man who answered. I asked him if the only way I could obtain the o-ring was to buy the $90 Maint Pack 1. His response was "yes," he went on to tell me that if I wanted to find the o-ring any cheaper that I ought to go on the forum and ask the guys on there. I found his response very unhelpful. I don't understand why he would not have told me that there were other options available.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Me MacGyver!

Miles on Grease: 12,000
$ Estimated Saved: $2500
MacGyver Rating: 6.5
Send a message via AIM to Mdub707

Quote:
Jay,
I called BFT last week and posed my problem to the man who answered. I asked him if the only way I could obtain the o-ring was to buy the $90 Maint Pack 1. His response was "yes," he went on to tell me that if I wanted to find the o-ring any cheaper that I ought to go on the forum and ask the guys on there. I found his response very unhelpful. I don't understand why he would not have told me that there were other options available.
If it was Roy, he's new. Cut him some slack. The forum is a great resource for answers. Sorry about your trouble, but it seems like Jay has already offered his options to you right here no?
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
Cause his job is to make oil and break things.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:14 PM

I talked to both Roy and Karl before I posted anything to make sure I wasn't putting my foot (keyboard) in my mouth before I posted...

Wherever you got it the info, it's wrong.

The O-rings you're (probably) looking for are in a pack that cost $10.

(I noticed that I was posting in the 6.0 section, so you're probably not looking for the vibra-lock sleeves).

Jay

1974 Human Wife
2002 Human Son

<Shameless plug>
Support BFT and these forums: purchase your bag and spin-on filters from our on-line store: BFT On-Line Store
</Shameless plug>
Old 04-25-2011, 05:14 PM
John Barraco

Jay,
I'm happy to pay $10 for the o-ring kit and in fact also ordered a set of replacement gears from you as well. I did not in any way intend for this situation to become heated. I promise that I called the BFT 800#, extension 2 and received the information that I stated previously. I hope you can put yourself in my position and understand how frustrated I was to hear that. Moving forward, I wish BFT the best and hope to avoid any further mix-ups.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 60,000
$ Estimated Saved: $12,000?
MacGyver Rating: 3.14159265

No worries. It was a misunderstanding.

60k on veggie oil and counting
Old 04-25-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Jay,
I'm happy to pay $10 for the o-ring kit and in fact also ordered a set of replacement gears from you as well. I did not in any way intend for this situation to become heated. I promise that I called the BFT 800#, extension 2 and received the information that I stated previously. I hope you can put yourself in my position and understand how frustrated I was to hear that. Moving forward, I wish BFT the best and hope to avoid any further mix-ups.
Hmmm... we don't have an 800#... I'm not sure who you talked to.

(And I see your order came in this morning... so it's all good...)

Jay

1974 Human Wife
2002 Human Son

<Shameless plug>
</Shameless plug>

Last edited by WingNut; 04-25-2011 at 05:57 PM.