Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > CHEW THE FAT > General Discussion

Old 12-30-2019, 07:12 PM
Mad scientist

Miles on Grease: 250,000
$ Estimated Saved: -45,000
MacGyver Rating: 8.5
Default Legal Trouble, humbly asking for help

Fellow Greasers,

The last 8 years, since getting back from Africa have not been kind. It is my own fault, as most things are. I would up in a highly toxic relationship that I tried way too long, against the advice of everyone I knew, to make work. Without all the gory details, We had yet another yelling match, she called the police, and I was hauled off. Keep in mind I have never laid a hand on her, threatened her, or any other such abuse. But of course I'm the guy. On the back of that, she filed a protective order. I was immediately homeless. I subsequently filed for divorce from her. In September of 2017. 27 months ago. Then things got bad. Really bad. I was Living literally in the bed of my truck, then a tent in the mountains(still working). Then the court ordered temporary orders that I pay basically $5,000/month in support, which included the mortgage on the house I couldn't stay in. That was 90% of my income after deductions. Shouldn't be legal, I know. Don't divorce in Utah!! I sank to dealing with my issues by drinking. That resulted in DUI(S) and loss of license. Then in July my company eliminated the only Utah position they had. I was laid off. Thankfully with a severance.

I need to drive to go to work to support my family. In my industry, driving is all but mandatory. I looked into getting a restricted license with all the accompanying equipment. Nope. No legal way for me to drive. Period, end of story. Illegal Aliens can get a license, I cannot. Me, being the type of person who always says "How can I make this happen" without ever considering consequences (that's exactly how Vegistroke came to be) started researching license alternatives and kept reading about how easy it is to get an alternate ID and driver's license. So that's what I started working on. Bad Idea. Also had to separate from the Navy after 17years to take care of business.

While in Oregon for a job interview with ON Semiconductor I was driving a rental car(again, bad choice, but need work!!) I was taking a nap in a parking lot on my way to see my dad after the interview, was woke up by a police officer, Panicked and tried to use my alter ego. I am now charged with Felony Identity theft. My rock bottom seems to keep getting deeper. I'm now using high explosives it seems to find new miserable depths.

On the upside, I did complete 4 months of Residential addiction treatment earlier in the year and largely have my drinking under control. I DO NOT drive at all. Currently working on my next big idea which i hope to prototype and get a provisional patent for in the next few weeks. Just had my 6yo Daughter for Christmas. I've never been in legal trouble in my life.

So, getting to the point, Character References. I need Your help with Character references for those of you who have known me for a while. The Prosecutor is making me out to be the scourge of the earth and refuses to plea this down to a misdemeanor. My attorney says my best bet is to plead guilty to a felony, and ask the judge to reduce it to a misdemeanor at my hearing. Best way to do this is provide Character References and history of me not being a horrible person.

I come to you with my hat in my hand, and a great amount of shame asking to help me out of my stupid choices.

P.S.- For anyone in Oregon, actually showing up to court would be even better.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:15 PM
Senior Vegistroker

Happy to help Jason. Text me your contact info
Old 01-06-2020, 08:42 AM
Mr. Big Time Operator

$ Estimated Saved: -$4,966
MacGyver Rating: .4

Pleading guilty to a felony, man I could not imagine how that would work out. But that is just me.

As for living in Utah, I have friends that adopted two of their kids from there. The courts tried to give the two kids (from heavy drug use parents) to a convicted pedophile grandparent, rather than a new family. I understand what your saying about Utah.

As for writing a letter, I would if I thought I could help. All I can do is way i hope it works out for you. To add something though, don't ever lie to the police or court, own your mistakes and move forward.

KD79

A large part of me wants to run my F250 with a twin-turbo setup; but can I justify the cost while not pulling the cab?

Of course I say "Yes I can, oh yes I can" yet my wife will say

Last edited by kneedragger79; 01-06-2020 at 08:44 AM. Reason: edit - missing "convicted"
Old 01-07-2020, 04:30 PM
Mad scientist

Thank you Gentlemen. Hindsight is always 20/20. Hopefully a few years down the road I can look back and say what an Idiot. For marrying into such a toxic situation, and my other bad choices, lol.

Lying and dishonesty are very out of character for me. Kneedragger- You are 100% correct. Owning my problems would have been so much less trouble. Sometimes seeing the right path is difficult in the middle of the storm.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:56 PM
Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: A Brazillion

Man bro, you told me some of this but this is a lot worse than I thought.
I can write something up on a PDF addressed to the court and you can print it and take that to your attorney.

Chuckie (AKA Clay)
Old 01-08-2020, 09:42 PM
Mad scientist

Clay,

Thanks Brother. That would be a huge help. The relevant info is as follows:

The Honorable Diane M. Morse
Polk County Circuit Court
850 Main Street
Dallas, OR 97338