BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > FORD SUPER DUTY / HEAVY DUTY DIESEL > 94-97 7.3

Old 09-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 330,000
$ Estimated Saved: at least a little
MacGyver Rating: 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenker View Post
If ur getting a good fpr, the ones with the gauge on them, u might want to find a way to protect that thing, I think that is the main reason people put them on there hpop.
My FPR is under cab, I recommend this location and fuel filter directly after. No need for a gauge on the FPR.

RIP X & Toyhauler - you served us well.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 8500
$ Estimated Saved: 1165 and counting

slowly but surely its coming.... i get motivation by seeing the price of diesel .75 a gal more than premium. there is a place ive had my eye on for a while to source out. While they dont really use much oil, they do have a couple friers, but they have no grease pit. infact its a franchise and none of them do. so im interested in what they do with thier oil. ive been in to eat probobly 10 times in the last month, and made contact with the owner, but when hes there its busy, when its not hes gone. last time i went in i grabbed his card with a personal email address. i dont want to go at it this way but i shot him an email. figured what could it hurt. time will tell.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:50 AM
Gettin Greasy

Dear me,

Plz get off your lazy a$$ and do something with your lumpa

Thanks
Me
Old 01-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 17,776
$ Estimated Saved: $4863
MacGyver Rating: 7.77

haha...need some motivation over there? what are ya waiting on?
2001 F350 7.3L PSD - Crew Cab with 6' bed - 4" lift with 35" Procomp tires and 18" XD Series wheels - RoadArmor Bumper w/12K winch & PIAA spot/fog lights - Spyder CCFL headlights retrofitted with HID kit - V3 saving me money for the next mod
Old 01-22-2013, 12:22 AM
Gettin Greasy

Time and money. 2 things no one has enough of. Wife had surgery and hasbeen out of work for a bit. I'm working 7 days a week. And keeping up with the small things on the old girl. Ive got my bracket for my efuel setup about done. I need to start ordering parts. I have a hard time justifying toy parts when it needs "keep driving " parts.

Ive gotta brake issue. (Or lack there of) and a nasty oil cooler leak has reared its nasty head
Old 01-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 17,776
$ Estimated Saved: $4863
MacGyver Rating: 7.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
Time and money. 2 things no one has enough of. Wife had surgery and hasbeen out of work for a bit. I'm working 7 days a week. And keeping up with the small things on the old girl. Ive got my bracket for my efuel setup about done. I need to start ordering parts. I have a hard time justifying toy parts when it needs "keep driving " parts.

Ive gotta brake issue. (Or lack there of) and a nasty oil cooler leak has reared its nasty head
gotcha...just try to calculate up the savings...it might be more cost efficient to just make the move if you drive a ton?
2001 F350 7.3L PSD - Crew Cab with 6' bed - 4" lift with 35" Procomp tires and 18" XD Series wheels - RoadArmor Bumper w/12K winch & PIAA spot/fog lights - Spyder CCFL headlights retrofitted with HID kit - V3 saving me money for the next mod
Old 01-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Unapologetically American

Miles on Grease: 250,000
$ Estimated Saved: $50,000
MacGyver Rating: 9

getting started is the biggest hurdle. I researched this all forover 2 years before I took the plunge. Of course this forum and company didnt exist then and I did all my research over at Frybrid who also didnt have a kit for a 6.0 ford. The only kits for a ford was plantdrive and I couldnt bring myself to buy that junk. Then Chris Goodwin over at Frybrid told me how to get in touch with Jason Crawford before he had his business up but'ol blue was dabbling in converting a few PSDs. I met Jason here in OK and saw his system on "ol blue" and I was ready to pull the trigger.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Gettin Greasy

I keep trying to make my self feel better by saying I'm getting a base line cost of driving the rig for a year. I drive it almost daily. Costs about $115 every 2 weeks give or take a few. Ive got a program that breaks it down to cost per mile/day/week etc. Ill have all my "costs " of start up included. I'm taking a couple work trips to Hawaii and Germany here soon. So that should help some. (Clay if you drink German beer let me know)

I am very happy this site is here. I couldn't imagine pulling the trigger on something like this with out the wealth of knowledge this place has to help.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Unapologetically American

Miles on Grease: 250,000
$ Estimated Saved: $50,000
MacGyver Rating: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
(Clay if you drink German beer let me know)
I absolutely love the german brews. Are you able to bring back some? How much can you get?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Gettin Greasy

A lot depends on where we hit customs. Since its kinda a BS play with NATO type trip we will likely be jogged down with beer and stop on the east coast. I'm sure there can be a couple few cases with your name on it. Trips in late summer early fall. Ill remind you