Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > THE SVO COMMUNITY > Oil sources

Old 02-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Unapologetically American

Miles on Grease: 250,000
$ Estimated Saved: $50,000
MacGyver Rating: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Hell I'd take a trip out to WNY to pick up a spare 600 gallons. Beats pouring cubies at the moment, and I want to get a jump on a stockpile for 2011. Diesel prices look like they are not gonna stop anytime soon, and WVO might become a little harder to find.

If I had the cash right now I'd have 275 gallons of diesel delivered to me, that way for the next year I'd be insulated from the insanity, but with my luck, oil would crash and #2 would be back down at $2 a gallon shortly after I took delivery.
I would buy a tanker of diesel if i could...i don't think its going to crash to 2 bucks anytime soon.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Senior Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 15000
$ Estimated Saved: $4000
MacGyver Rating: 9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I would buy a tanker of diesel if i could...i don't think its going to crash to 2 bucks anytime soon.
Yeah I would too, but then the town would really be on me for having a tanker full of diesel parked next to my garage. They already jump down my throat if I have some cubies outside for more than a day, or have a few new to me totes sitting in the driveway drying out after I have rinsed them.

I may look into buying a tank of diesel since one would have to imagine it would be cheaper at the semi-wholesale level for 275 gallons than it would be buying it retail at the pump. diesel prices would only have to climb another $.20 a gallon to justify the expense and cash tied up. But again, with my luck prices would drop.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:26 AM
Senior Vegistroker

MacGyver Rating: 4

Looks like it was good advice from all, i have only 150 gallons left