BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > FORD SUPER DUTY / HEAVY DUTY DIESEL > 99-05 Excursion

Old 11-11-2017, 05:59 PM
Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 45,000
$ Estimated Saved: $7,500
MacGyver Rating: 6
Send a message via Skype™ to Sherm169
Default Low Pressure, System On

Ok, so I have a very strange issue and need some insight.

I took a long trip in August (2400 miles towing a large trailer Woot Woot) all was well with the V3 system. I had used up much of my oil and had recently refilled my reserves so that I could use oil again.

I kick on my system onto auto when it is all warmed up and the pressure begins to fall, but it doesnt turn off! I am not sure where to begin to troubleshoot.

Why if the pressure switch reads low pressure would the system not shut down?

I am going to start with the prescreen and the pump. I have a fresh filter on it.

Any further insight would be a huge help.

thanks
'01 Excursion, 273K miles, 3" Lift, 32" tires, Goodyear Load Levers, DFA V3, TW Chip, straight 4" exhaust, AFE stage 2 intake, ISSPro gagues, TM Wastegate actuator w. BRV+, bucket seats need to be installed - 120,000 Miles on grease
Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM
Senior Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 126,000
$ Estimated Saved: ??
MacGyver Rating: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherm169 View Post
Ok, so I have a very strange issue and need some insight.

I took a long trip in August (2400 miles towing a large trailer Woot Woot) all was well with the V3 system. I had used up much of my oil and had recently refilled my reserves so that I could use oil again.

I kick on my system onto auto when it is all warmed up and the pressure begins to fall, but it doesnt turn off! I am not sure where to begin to troubleshoot.

Why if the pressure switch reads low pressure would the system not shut down?

I am going to start with the prescreen and the pump. I have a fresh filter on it.

Any further insight would be a huge help.

thanks

Unplug your purge valve at the manifold and check your pressure to see if it goes back to normal.

I'm troubleshooting my V3 right now, when the green light comes on so does the purge valve so there's an issue with the board.