BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > Member Feedback

Old 05-02-2012, 02:48 AM
Fake It Till You Break It

Miles on Grease: 0.5
$ Estimated Saved: -3,700
MacGyver Rating: 6+
Angry Hate to bitch but:(

Ok so I was nice and payed for my deposit to start the building of my V3 system on March 18. Was notified on March 25th that it was completed and payed the remaining balance on March 27th vita bank transfer to Speed up the shipment. Package was delivered to my house on April 25th. That seams like a long time that BFT had my 3k dollars in there account and the product took 25 days to ship out. Come on! Now to make it worse I some how clicked when ordering that I had a excursion and I don't. The bracket that holds up the V3 to the frame won't match up on the truck because it's the bracket for a excursion. I called and was told that it should work still. Well uses I am cross eyed it doesn't work. I called again and asked to swap the brackets out and was told that was possible. I called 3 business days later to make sure it shipped out on the one day a week that they ship and was told they didn't ship the bracket because they are waiting for me to ship the wrong one back before they will ship me the right on. You got to be kidding me! I just spent 3k dollars with you company and you can't go ahead and ship the bracket ahead of time and I can just return the wrong bracket in the same box that was sent? I feel that BFT had a big lack of communication between customers that are paying a lot of money and the customer service department at BFT. I bought the V3 system because everybody had a great experience with BFT but I am starting to think other wise. It's cost nothing to pick up the phone and call your customers and double check a order especial since one part can cause a big problem! I hope to start getting some veg under my nails and forget about the whole mess but I can't start if I cant get pass the first page in the manual
Old 05-02-2012, 03:09 AM
Gettin Greasy

I am sure that it will all get ironed out soon and you will find that the wait was worth it. This is by far the best product on the market and IMHO one of the best customer support companys around. Maybe you will feel better if you go over to www.Frybrid.com and read how long some of those customers have waited for their complete kit. Some since 2009
Once you see that green light come you will have a "forever smile" on your face
Old 05-02-2012, 03:27 AM

thanks for the encouragement! just twilling my thumbs here looking at parts and not a green light shining in my face.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:41 AM
Gettin Greasy

$ Estimated Saved: $20k including boiler use
MacGyver Rating: 8
Send a message via Yahoo to greasyX

I feel for ya man........I have the first v3ed Excursion, and I had to "adapt" a truck bracket for my rig........and use a cargo area tank. But I know have the greatest feeling knowing I have saved in fuel what I paid for my excursion four and a half years ago.....Remember we are pioneers, and WE thats customers and developers need to work together to achieve that. YOU BOUGHT THE BEST POWERSTROKE CONVERSION IN THE WORLD, period point blank......Let jay figure this out and maybe message him direct as he is a very, very busy man.....remember he is the captain of this ship and he has the most to lose with your unhappiness.............a happy customer......greasy.
2000 7.3X V3 So much fun,so little time,Support small Oil,burn WVO,Free and greasy down the road I go!!!!!!!!!!completely self sufficient and proud of it. (Wood furnace.....X.......solar pontoon....solarsheat twins this summer.....I don't Know much.......I'm just a hillbilly with too many guns..............
Old 05-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Senior Vegistroker

I am not making excuses for BFT but they did ship what you ordered.
It may seem like calling to verify you are ordering the correct parts is a small thing but BFT has a ton of irons in the fire and are very busy. They also figure you know what you are driving. This sounds like a simple mistake and I am sure it will be corrected.
As has been stated Frybrid's customer service and lead times are terrible in comparison. I know from first hand experience.
I am confident Jay will get you fixed up and when finished you will have the BEST conversion available.
You might try sending Jay a PM.

2001 CC 4X4
I'm veggin!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:25 PM

I do take responsibility for clicking the wrong box. But the fact that they cant ship me a part until I return it to them is not right. What it Jays username? Thanks
Old 05-02-2012, 03:32 PM

Miles on Grease: 150,000
$ Estimated Saved: $40,000
MacGyver Rating: 8.006

My username is Wingnut.

I learned this lesson early and quickly: despite the best of intentions and honor of the customer base... we're all easily distracted. If the sequence is reversed, I wind up with a good portion of my inventory scattered around the garages of the world...

RMA 101. Mistakes happen. Ship back the wrong part, I'll ship you the correct one.... no problem...

Jay
-VegiStroke V4 - 30,000 miles (and counting)

2004 Dodge Cummins - VEGIRAM
-Prototype V4 VegiRam - 40,000 miles (and counting)

2004 Caterpillar 3126E/C7 - VEGICAT
-Frankenstein-ized V4 - 30,000 miles (and counting)

1974 Human Wife
2002 Human Son

<Shameless plug>
Support BFT and these forums: purchase your bag and spin-on filters from our on-line store: BFT On-Line Store
</Shameless plug>

Last edited by WingNut; 05-02-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: (Because my first response was too snarky for my taste)
Old 05-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: y=Mx+b

Jay is Wingnut, and a pretty damned reasonable guy. Hopefully now that you have vented a bit, we can get on with it and get your green light going.

FWIW, that install manual is pretty long, and unless you do this all the time, you are going to be working at this install for a lot of hours. There is no need to go step by step. Mount the tank one day. Put the engine valves and hoses on one (long) day. Do the wiring another day. Mount your gauges and switches another day.

Before you know it, you have your bracket and haven't even needed it yet. Now mount the module, hook up all the lines and wires you already ran, and apply smile to face. Repeat smile daily.

As many have said, this is a marathon not a sprint. Take a deep breath, you will get taken care of. As I said, Jay is a reasonable guy. PM would have been a great way to handle this.

EDIT: Never mind - Jay and I posted at the same time.
2006 F350 CC KR SRW - V3 SSB Mantis Pump Head

Last edited by Roboto; 05-02-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:44 PM

Miles on Grease: 150,000
$ Estimated Saved: $40,000
MacGyver Rating: 8.006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboto View Post
PM would have been a great way to handle this.
To be fair to him (and to not totally beat up on the guy), I think messages got crossed a bit with Roy (part-time sales guy who answers the phone, letting me actually get work done).

Jay
-VegiStroke V4 - 30,000 miles (and counting)

2004 Dodge Cummins - VEGIRAM
-Prototype V4 VegiRam - 40,000 miles (and counting)

2004 Caterpillar 3126E/C7 - VEGICAT
-Frankenstein-ized V4 - 30,000 miles (and counting)

1974 Human Wife
2002 Human Son

<Shameless plug>
Support BFT and these forums: purchase your bag and spin-on filters from our on-line store: BFT On-Line Store
</Shameless plug>
Old 05-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: y=Mx+b

There you go being all reasonable and stuff again.

For the record, I'm not trying to beat up on you CountryBoy. Just don't want you to get stuck doing nothing waiting on the bracket when there are LOTS of other things that need doin' in the meantime.
2006 F350 CC KR SRW - V3 SSB Mantis Pump Head