BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > FORD SUPER DUTY / HEAVY DUTY DIESEL > 99-03 7.3

Old 04-25-2018, 05:34 PM
vergie2010

Miles on Grease: 225k
$ Estimated Saved: Priceless
MacGyver Rating: -2 to 5
Default Going Green immediately upon startup?

So, I finally got my system to operate and turn green based on posts via "No pressure/weak scorpion | replacement pump?"

However, FYI....I found out it was not a bad new Type 1 pump nor was it my previous used pump. It was the gears as far as I can tell. I changed them out with another used pair I found, reset PR to little over base setting (2.25 rotations) and the pump came on...green.

However, new issue: There are times when my pump is coming up to temp and while in the process of going green the OLED display flickers and clicks rapidly until I get all Caps on the display and it goes green. Does not always do this only about half the time.

Secondly, just this morning the system came on green with all Caps on OLED immediately. So, I turned it off. It was not up to TEMP (but still indicated 'T')and it was about 48 degrees outside. I've checked the fuses and wiring at the SSB and all seems good and no overheating in the relays.

Any ideas on what I should check to resolve?

Thanks.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:59 PM
Senior Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 85,000
$ Estimated Saved: almost enough for repairs
MacGyver Rating: 3.8
Default Temperature switch(sensor)

I think the temp switch (sensor)turns on the Wvo pump. When Wvo pump (with new gears) hits the correct pressure the pressure switch (sensor) turns off the d2 pump. Sounds like you need a new temp sensor.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:22 PM
Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: A Brazillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaseguy View Post
I think the temp switch (sensor)turns on the Wvo pump. When Wvo pump (with new gears) hits the correct pressure the pressure switch (sensor) turns off the d2 pump. Sounds like you need a new temp sensor.
yes, unplug the temp switch and check for continuity. It should be "open" when cold thus no continuity. It its "closed" cold, then its bad.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:29 PM
vergie2010

Miles on Grease: 225k
$ Estimated Saved: Priceless
MacGyver Rating: -2 to 5

Sorry for my delayed response. I was out of town at remote sites in Alaska and had no service.

I'm happy to say that it was the TS. I plugged in a used good one and it solved the issue. Running green and very happy, since the summer is here in AK and i will be chumming for bears with the sweet smell of fry oil during spring bear hunt season and on all future fishing trips.

Thanks for all the input.