BioFuels Technologies Forum  

Go Back   BioFuels Technologies Forum > FORD SUPER DUTY / HEAVY DUTY DIESEL > General Powerstroke SVO Tech / How to Articles

Old 10-28-2010, 06:01 AM
John Barraco

I called dieselcraft and they said that they hadn't had anyone put one of their units on a 6.0 L because of the lack of room. They use an air pump to pressurize the CF housing, which forces the oil into a 1/4" line and then back into the trucks system somewhere. I just mounted the CF where the oil filler neck used to be. I imagine some of the "stuff" removed by the CF falls back in but just as a pressure fed CF removes contaminants from wvo, I would think it removes the majority of the contaminants and retains them in the rotor.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:20 AM
John Barraco

So I have been doing a little bit of research to try and find out as much as I can about the TBN and reasons why an oil change may be necessary even if your using a bypass system. So the TBN is just a measure of the oil's ability to neutralize potentially harmful acids introduced to the the system by leaking fuel. I believe from past events that I have heard that all vegi-oils are somewhat acidic. Something about Free fatty acids also rings a bell when thinking about the pH of vegi. In short, I was wondering if anyone knows if there are additives that could be mixed with the vegi fuel to reduce the acidity.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Unapologetically American

Miles on Grease: 145,000
$ Estimated Saved: $36,000
MacGyver Rating: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvbarrac View Post
So I have been doing a little bit of research to try and find out as much as I can about the TBN and reasons why an oil change may be necessary even if your using a bypass system. So the TBN is just a measure of the oil's ability to neutralize potentially harmful acids introduced to the the system by leaking fuel. I believe from past events that I have heard that all vegi-oils are somewhat acidic. Something about Free fatty acids also rings a bell when thinking about the pH of vegi. In short, I was wondering if anyone knows if there are additives that could be mixed with the vegi fuel to reduce the acidity.
Free fatty acid will not effect the TBN Just do some experimenting with Blackston oil sample and reports and that will tell you exactly when you need to change the oil.
Upgraded to V3 July 08 - Thanks Jason!
145k greasy miles

Old 03-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Vegistroker

MacGyver Rating: 8

So where are the pictures of this.? I am curious to see how you did it. I built a cf setup for my 550 that works pretty well I just need to add some bracing.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Gettin Greasy

Miles on Grease: 60,000
$ Estimated Saved: $12,000?
MacGyver Rating: 3.14159265

I'm very interested in seeing an oil analysis after 5k miles. And if you run the oil longer, more results at 10k and 15k miles.

60k on veggie oil and counting
Old 02-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Senior Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 3000+
$ Estimated Saved: -$5169
MacGyver Rating: 5.5

So the fuge spins up to speed via oil pressure but after it leaves the orifices in the rotor it has no pressure, so the dieselcraft air pump pressurizes the fuge housing forcing the cleaned oil back into the system.

The contaminates should stay in the rotor because as it spins at 7000-8000 rpm's the goop is almost pasted to the wall of the rotor. I suppose anything is possible though.

PS - jvbarrac - if you copy and paste the IMG code from photbucket it will put the photo on here for you. Like this. (just learned this myself)

I can see why no one has done this yet to a 6.0. Crazy tight fit!!!

Old 09-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Senior Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 110,000 +
$ Estimated Saved: $25k or so
MacGyver Rating: 6

Is there an update available on this? Do you notice a difference in the oil's appearance after 5000 miles? Did you run Blackstone oil analysis? Has the fuge operated dependably and as expected?