View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 06:28 PM
Senior Vegistroker

Miles on Grease: 100,000
$ Estimated Saved: $20,000 at $4/gallon

1st. Do you have a pressure gauge? If not, your shooting blind and it's going to confuse what is going on. Get one asap. One that attaches to the shrader valve will work for now. I do have a Pro Comp Ultralight Fuel Pressure Gauge wired and mounted in the cab.

1. Key on / engine off will cause your stock diesel pump to show what pressure it is putting out. What is that pressure? 58 PSI

2. Putting the switch to manual (With out turning the key off) will show the Scorpion pump pressure. Manual light will not go on without the preset pressure. What is this reading? 12 PSI (diesel is in the WVO tank)

3.Pushing the purge switch will change the sound of the scorpion and push any air out of the V3 back into the SVO tank. Does the sound change? No change in sound of pump when Key on/engine off, Manual switch on, hit Purge while Manual On. Also hit Purge with Scorpion pump off and couldn't hear anything and pump didn't come on. Maybe that's normal?

3rd. If you have a bad scorpion pump, you could have SVO shooting out with the test you did because there is no back pressure. Again, this would show with a gauge (#2 above). Also make sure you have a clean svo filter. Main filter is new and clean with install. Prescreen is clean. I did a thorough cleaning of the V3, Purge Valve, Pressure Regulator, and everything else I could clean!

Gravelly pump doesn't sound good. It may flow svo, but the pressure is low and the V3 will not switch to SVO since the SVO pressure is not there. You can ajust the pressure all you want but that won't help if your pump is bad. Pump is slightly louder than the working pump on my truck.

Get a good in cab pressure gauge. This is an invaluable tool for the v2,3, and 4.
Other members, please chime in if I got anything wrong here.
Thanks for the help on this! Is it sounding like the pump is bad? I just drained all but about 5-10 gallons of Diesel and I'm going to fill tank up with WVO and see if the Scorpion likes the WVO better than diesel!

I will poste results after fuel is changed over to WVO (with a few gallons of WVO mixed in!