BioFuels Technologies Forum

BioFuels Technologies Forum (http://www.biofuelstechnologies.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oil sources (http://www.biofuelstechnologies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Seattle/WA WVOers? (http://www.biofuelstechnologies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3917)

andyv 09-09-2012 12:27 AM

Seattle/WA WVOers?

Hey,

Getting into this in the Seattle area -- no one on the map from the PNW yet. Hit me up if you're in the area!

AV

YoungMT Hick 09-09-2012 07:17 PM

I an in lake stevens, 30 minutes north of seattle.

UW Mitch 09-10-2012 02:20 PM

I'm bout 3.5 hours south in Banks, OR. But I did a 10 year stint at UW so I mostly consider Seattle home. Welcome to BFT's forum!

~Mitch

ourulz88 10-03-2014 02:31 AM

bremerton, wa

im down in bremerton by the shipyard. got a good oil source going, but still trying to find a free source around here before our big trip to cali.

2005 dodge 5.9L cummins

skyskijason 10-03-2014 03:28 AM

I have a friend not on the forum in Kent/Renton. They have a 7.3 Excursion with a custom veggie system (I helped design) and an '06 cummins getting ready for conversion. They've been making biodiesel since 2008, but King County recently told them they had to stop...

Krause 10-03-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyskijason (Post 65892)
I have a friend not on the forum in Kent/Renton. They have a 7.3 Excursion with a custom veggie system (I helped design) and an '06 cummins getting ready for conversion. They've been making biodiesel since 2008, but King County recently told them they had to stop...

Whhaaat? Why?!

skyskijason 10-05-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krause (Post 65899)
Whhaaat? Why?!

Mean, grouchy neighbor complained about an old car (runs and drives '50 Packard), the location of the garden in the backyard as well as the presence of a tote and occasional cubies (and the weather, the mailman's habits, kids playing in the park, etc) . The City/County did an inspection and my friend likely divulged more info than he needed to... Specifically, I think he opened his shed and showed them the BioPro 190 and his chemistry stuff - certainly including his full PPE gear with full-face respirator, elbow-length rubber gloves, rubber apron, etc. I bet he pointed out that he has ample fire extinguishers and spill containment stuff as well.... :spank:

A series of letters/demands followed quoting the City and County ordinances that state 'manufacture of fuel' is prohibited. Basically, the officials are being forced to appease the constipated old prick next door. They cannot find anything that says he can't have WVO at his property, so dewatering/filtering and fueling the vehicles with WVO will apparently be OK.

The old bastard next door will die eventually and he'll be able to make B100 again. Meanwhile, this is the guy I convinced to put a pipeline in from his backyard (where the 'fuel shed' is) to the front of the house. It terminates in a mailbox behind a huge cedar tree out of view from the street. There are 2 lines - one for dirty oil to the backyard and one for clean fuel. It's pretty stealthy!! :D He was carrying cubies and buckets back and forth when he started and LAUGHED his ass off when I suggested the pipeline after helping to haul 350gals back there one time! He came around after about 2 months. :tongue:

My advice is keep a low profile if ya live in a place like this. :rolleyes:

UW Mitch 10-06-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ourulz88 (Post 65889)
im down in bremerton by the shipyard. got a good oil source going, but still trying to find a free source around here before our big trip to cali.

2005 dodge 5.9L cummins

When's your trip to Cali? I can probably hook you up with some on your way down. I'm about 40 minutes west of I-5 if you're coming straight down. Or if you're going to hit the coast you could head out that way from my place.

~Mitch

Christian 10-08-2014 09:52 PM

I'm in southern Oregon close to the 1-5 and I could fill ya up and send ya down the road with whatever you need extra.