BioFuels Technologies Forum

BioFuels Technologies Forum (http://www.biofuelstechnologies.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vegistroke Testimonials (http://www.biofuelstechnologies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Who has the oldest V1/V2? (http://www.biofuelstechnologies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5880)

Hawaiian Diesel 07-30-2016 08:25 PM

Who has the oldest V1/V2?

Seems to me we need to see who has the original V1/V2 out there that is still working.

I assume I have a V2 that I installed it around 9/2008. I remember trying to get the price of the new version since Jason was reducing the price of the kits.

My f350 has been running WVO ever since, and is still going strong.

Anyone else?

powerg 07-31-2016 12:35 PM

Mine is the 1st commercial v1 installed. November 2005. V1 then Jason upgraded it to a v2 a few months later. I was Jasons Guinea pig when he started the business. Best upgrade I ever made and it's still running strong.

Clay 07-31-2016 09:36 PM

Zooman has a real early V1 still in operation.

Hawaiian Diesel 08-02-2016 08:32 PM

Good to see at least two plus mine still going!

PowerG is the oldest. 2005? WOW!!!

I wish the V2 was still in production.

Anyone else?

skyskijason 08-03-2016 03:32 PM

I designed the system in my dually after the V1 in 2005. :whistle: I had been following this goofy guy FN74 on the forums as he developed what became the V1, etc. My first version introduced both fuels in the factory fuel ports with check valves on a small manifold mounted on the alternator bracket and used the 'test ports' for purge only. Later, I went to feeding VO to the test ports and used CV's on the heads like Jason C. did with Vegistroke systems. Initially, I used a Super Duty electric fuel pump and external FPR. Then I 'upgraded' to a fancy internally regulated Raptor (total FAIL) and eventually a FASS HPFP. After the 2nd time the FASS went tits up, I went back to the Super Duty pump and external FPR and still use it today! 225k miles on grease!!! :woot2:

I bought one of the first V3's (early 2008) and put it in my Excursion. It got 120k miles on it before the crash... :(

ZOOMAN 09-19-2016 11:11 PM

Mine had the first pump Jason tried, but it crapped out within a few months. He set mine back up with a Fass( which I still have) and bought another one from a guy in Texas that used to do installs. So when one goes down, I swap pumps out, send it to fass for a rebuild and keep it on hand. i think I bought my v1 in Sept 05.

Hawaiian Diesel 09-20-2016 04:34 AM

Three years before me!

I wonder how many were sold and how many are still in use.

Reminds me I need to order replacement lines.

Clay 09-20-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZOOMAN (Post 71988)
i think I bought my v1 in Sept 05.

That means I had mine before you? I thought you were before me but I did my conversion (Jason actually came down to do it) in March or April 2005

muns53 10-05-2016 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerg (Post 71721)
Mine is the 1st commercial v1 installed. November 2005. V1 then Jason upgraded it to a v2 a few months later. I was Jasons Guinea pig when he started the business. Best upgrade I ever made and it's still running strong.

I am one of the lucky SOBs who got to meet G and see this system (and burn some of his grease, too!) and it's a beauty... and G's a great dude, too.

Lovin' this crazy group of greasers y'all... seriously! :respect:

ZOOMAN 10-13-2016 12:25 AM

Clay, I think you were before me as i bought mine after Jason posted pics on his site after your install.