BioFuels Technologies Forum

BioFuels Technologies Forum (http://www.biofuelstechnologies.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vegistroke Testimonials (http://www.biofuelstechnologies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   400,000 (http://www.biofuelstechnologies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6051)

greaseguy 04-26-2017 10:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Truck rolled to 400,000 today which is impressive in my mind. Still running original motor and injectors i think. Recent trans rebuild, original rear end. The trans shop said it was a wore out yoke that cracked transmission tail housing. I starting driving this truck at around 265,000. On my second Scorpion pump. Truck is a strong runner. Not to many problems at least today...

MtnOilRig 04-27-2017 11:01 PM

Very Very cool, good job giving that truck a second life. Is that your blue truck? If so, I will ask Ben if he had injector work done. He stops by for grease every once and while. I think he had a ton of work done prior to selling it to you.

Mike (blurp) just parked his truck beside my house last week, won't go into 3rd gear in the auto trans. 327k miles and its tough to drop cash for another trans with the high miles. Not sure what to do right now. He bought a VW and isn't burning veg right now :rant:

greaseguy 04-28-2017 01:16 AM

Blue truck

Bens old truck. I found a trans place in Lakewood
That said about 2700 (I think) to do a rebuild on an automatic Ben gave me a stack of repair receipts and I didn't see injectors but also never looked really hard. These old fords are built tough but do cost money to keep them running. Fuel savings just about covers repairs. We will see how long I drive it due to a new job with a company truck. Jobs pretty for sure and company truck is a 2015 Cummins. New job also may start subcontracting for local oil company assisting in oil pickups. So I may have access to 1,000s of gals if needed for anyone. I haven't discussed that with the oil company's owner but he would probably enjoy hooking up some people traveling through needed oil if of course it is convenient

randyo156 04-29-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greaseguy (Post 73223)
Bens old truck. I found a trans place in Lakewood
That said about 2700 (I think) to do a rebuild on an automatic Ben gave me a stack of repair receipts and I didn't see injectors but also never looked really hard. These old fords are built tough but do cost money to keep them running. Fuel savings just about covers repairs. We will see how long I drive it due to a new job with a company truck. Jobs pretty for sure and company truck is a 2015 Cummins. New job also may start subcontracting for local oil company assisting in oil pickups. So I may have access to 1,000s of gals if needed for anyone. I haven't discussed that with the oil company's owner but he would probably enjoy hooking up some people traveling through needed oil if of course it is convenient

When my tranny went out a had a shop transfer a used one in for $650

johnson83 04-15-2018 12:12 PM

Congrats! ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by greaseguy (Post 73221)
Truck rolled to 400,000 today which is impressive in my mind. Still running original motor and injectors i think. Recent trans rebuild, original rear end. The trans shop said it was a wore out yoke that cracked transmission king168 tail housing. I starting driving this truck at around 265,000. On my second Scorpion pump. Truck is a strong runner. Not to many problems at least today...